Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time! I finally got the call today that we were all set up to start our Petfinder page. 20 minutes later... all done! :)

Check us out! http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/SC165.html

Any suggestions on what else to put on the home page?

The pictures are still not that good, but hopefully I'll get some better ones soon.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
You need to put like the adoption fees, online contracts. Your site is already nice. You sould have your own website too. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Excellent! Major kudos to you, channelling your workplace frustration into such great constructive results.

Now *crossing fingers* that some happy adoptions will result from your hard work.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Yee-HAW! :D :D

I knew that once you got past that initial setup, everything would fall into place! It feels so much better than complaining that nothing is being done (I know, I went through the same thing when I put our kitties on PetFinder after stewing silently for a long time). :wink:

So glad this worked out for you!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Cool :)

I've been trying for a month to get my HS on Petfinder... I'm officially a volunteer now (as of a week ago) and am just trying to get ahold of the Executive Director so we can get everything worked out. I'm so excited!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, that's our building. A lot of newer (like last 10-15 years?) buildings used for businesses actually look like houses. There are restaurants, banks, doctor's offices... all of which look like houses. I've always liked that about where we live :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I would suggest having more up close pictures, the pictures on petfinder are so small as it is, some of the pictures have a lot of background and you can barely see the animal, especially the dogs. Also, put some pictures that tug on heart strings! I know that is what does it for me! LIke the up close of Tucker! I wanted to take him home!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I'm so proud of you. You should feel so good about this. Imagine what a difference this could make and how you've just dramatically increased the chances of these animals finding forever homes.

Great, job!

·
Registered
89 Posts
The $50.00 adoption fee is very reasonable, the shelter i adopted my cats from had an adoption fee of $125.00 for adult cats and $150.00 for kittens.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Cat Fancier said:
The $50.00 adoption fee is very reasonable, the shelter i adopted my cats from had an adoption fee of $125.00 for adult cats and $150.00 for kittens.
Very true, most SPCA's around where I live charge over $140 Canadian for young cats and kittens, older cats are $90. Dogs are $200

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm really trying with the pictures... but I took them over the weekend when we're usually rushed (since we're closed we just come in, do our stuff and leave asap). The dogs were hungry and had to potty... so they only had two things on their minds :)

I'm going to bring the camera in tomorrow and let them out for a while to play first so I can get the super sappy pics... and the cats are just trouble :) lol... I'll have to work on them.

I HAVE to get pics of the new kitten... he's the cutest thing ever!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
SammyO said:
Cat Fancier said:
Very true, most SPCA's around where I live charge over $140 Canadian for young cats and kittens, older cats are $90. Dogs are $200
The prices i quoted were in US dollars. 8O

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
I'm so proud of you! I love the page and I think that is one of the neatest vet offices I've seen. I hope all the animals get adopted soon, yipeee

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just updated with a few new pictures. I think they're SO MUCH better :)

I have two new ones of Ivan, the first is my favorite... took me forever to get one of him looking at me AND smiling!!

The woman who has been helping with all the dogs so so so much, Carmen, took some too and emailed them to me. Hers are much better. She took the second one of Ivan, and the GORGEOUS one of Twiggy. We also got one of Dory and Twiggy playing, but Dory has been having some problems with the scars on her head (nasty infection and oozing all sorts of stuff... so she's been shaved and is looking rough so new pics won't be coming soon... but I think we're going to take out all the gross tissue in surgery Tuesday and she'll be looking normal soon).

I also changed up the information too. Let me know if you like :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts