Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the first time she did it... she was right next to my face, and she woke me up with a stream of urine. I was enraged and quickly kicked her out of the room... She was locked out, but took every opportunity to try and get in. Each time she would sneak into my room, she would immediately jump onto the bed, look me in the eyes, and pee right there in front of me, on my recently washed sheets.

After several time, I guessed something had to be wrong, so I took her to the vet, and we got a urine sample from her, and there was a little blood in the urine. Shes been on antibiotics for a little over a week noww, and she was acting fine all day yesterday so I let them sleep in my room again. There were no problems until this morning, just now, she must have really wanted me out of bed, because she was walking all over the bed trying to wake me up, and the next thing I know, I smell cat urine and it was only a matter of time before I found it.... It was a lot too...

I'm getting extremely fed up with this cat!! I don't know what else I can do besides give her her meds. I don't do anything wrong to these cats, and shes torturing me. The doctor says, this is her way of telling me shes sick.... but its disgusting, and she doesn't do it any other place but my friggin bed! Should I get some of that behavior modification spray, and just cover my whole bed in it? Or is there something else I can do about this urination problem of hers....

HELP!?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hi there.

Did you clean the bedding and mattress with an enzyme cleaner? This is a really important step to take because cats will continue to urinate over old urine spots. Only an enzyme cleaner can get the smell out completely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know this did come to mind, because I busted her once, sniffing around first for a spot to pee.... but.... I washed my sheets several times, even let them soak for a while to clean them.... Is there a way she still smells her urine in the sheets? Or is it in the mattress? I sprayed some pet odor removal foam onto my mattress..... I doubt it is an enzyme cleaner..... by chance would you have any brand names so I can look for them, or would the pet store know what I'm talking about???

Thanks for the response & the tips

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a bunch. I appreciate it....

I mentioned this suggestion to my Vet, and she agreed that she might have done it the first time to tell me there was something wrong, and since she smells her own urine she accepts it as a nice alternative to a litter box....

She also told me to try "Cat-Atract" in the kitty litter... to get her to like the scent of the litter (maybe not the contents, but at least the litter box itself)....

I'm also going to try some cat repellent on my bed from now on.... As much as I love them to sleep on the bed with me.... I can't risk her doing this anymore.... The electricity bill was through the roof last month, because of how many times I had to wash my sheets....

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone

·
Registered
983 Posts
for now, while she's sick, i'd buy a clear platic sheet or anything like a cheap plastic table linen and cover the bed for the day, and then put her out of the room at night. That way, you can check if she's peeing, quickly clean up and also make sure to let her back in if she does stop. And put something of cloth on the plastic, so she doesn't learn not to pee on platic, but to keep peeing on your sheets... :(

Good luck :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For 2 little cats... these little guys have cost me quite a sum of cash. Sheesh.... now the Doc's got the lil girl on some natural pills there.... They look like human pills, quite large. I think they are dried mussells or something like that....

Thanks for the sheet suggestions (plastic).... but I can't risk having her in my room right now.... I'm going to see if she stops completely (She did it a couple times outside of my room) and get the enzyme cleaner stuff ad give it all a try....

Thanks everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts