Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that your not supposed to just switch cat food all the time but doesn't 2 different flavors of canned food mean that tour switching even if it's the same brand?

·
Super Moderator
26,804 Posts
It's fine to switch flavors, brands, etc. with wet food - every meal, every day, etc.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ditto what Marie said!!

Cna - I came on here when we first got our kittens in January asking the same question. :) Our cats have had no problem switching between wet foods. (Well, other than the fact that Spencer has selected the 6 varieties he will eat and CANNOT be persuaded to try anything else...)

If you're feeding any dry, though, you want to switch that over more gradually. I've noticed that it tends to bother Lily's stomach more if dry is abruptly switched. I have no experience on this with Spencer, since he refuses to switch brands of dry anyway. ;)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Sometimes cats are sensitive to foods they've never had before, but once they're used to a food it's totally fine to rotate those flavors/brands.

Honestly I've never had any issues adding new wet foods in anyway. I think it's mostly dry that you need to switch slowly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts