Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am feeding all 4 of my cats about 2 cups of dry and have a 13oz can of wet daily. That's 1/2 cup dry and a little more than 1.5 oz of wet per cat. Shouldn't it be more? That's all they can eat of the wet in one setting and I leave the 2 cups dry out till it's gone which can take a good portion of the night.

·
Registered
978 Posts
A 13oz can of wet should be 3.25oz per cat. That's over half of what you say they're getting.

It would help if you would post what foods you're feeding.

My cat only eats 1/2 cup of food per day but it's a protein dense food.

·
Registered
415 Posts
For a long time my cats wouldn't eat over 1/4 of a 6 oz can at one sitting, about the same as what you're saying. Do you feed them twice a day or 3 times? They'd probably eat the other half the can as a second meal. I've found if I put out too much wet food the cats never get around to eating it all but if I divide it up, they eat what I put out and are ready for the rest when i put it out 6-8 hrs later. They're fickle, at first I was feeding them 3 times a day but they started picking at it so I went to twice a day and they did fine that way for a couple months, then just in the last week or so started acting hungry about the time I get home from work (2pm) so I went back to 3 times a day. They get the same amount, just split up differently. I also rotate brands so they don't get bored, and/or deficient, just in case...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts