Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People come into my pet store and buy like 6 different kinds of wet food for their cats....and they do this all the time. Do cats have the same reaction when you switch their wet food as they do when you switch their dry food too fast (diarrhea etc). That is the reason I bought Maleke a few different kinds of wet food to try....because everyone seemed to be doing it and their cats were fine! Any ideas? :?:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I haven't had that problem. I just discovered that my cats won't eat certain wet foods. They like chicken--period. Sometimes a food is just too rich for a specific cat and the cat will get diarrhea, though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think it depends on the amount of canned food that is being fed. If a good portion of the diet is wet food then I would imagine switching from brand to brand might cause digestive upsets but Im sure this can vary from cat to cat. Mine don't seem to have any problems with a variety of wet foods but they only get a small amount....usually about an ounce daily.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Wet food

We give Jimmy a mixture of wet and dry - about two out of three meals would be wet. I must admit I usually buy whatevers on special offer at the supermarket, so he's used to changing brands. It doesn't seem to disrupt his system at all.
He's not a fussy cat, he'll eat whatever's going (apart from Duck) :) But I get the feeling that Felix is his favourite cos he eats that quicker and begs for more :!:

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I always buy my cats different flavor cat food. I feed both my cats 1/2 of a 3 oz. can each morning and I can't stand giving them the same flavor the next day so I always change it up for them and they seem to be doing fine. They love Innova wet food and Wellness Tuna. Sugar loves Wellness so much she will bump Twinkie out of his share, and that is rare! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
917 Posts
i was switching around wet foods a lot till i found one we both were happy with, nutro, felidae, wellness, solid gold, innova- the only one kitty had an issue with was the innova. he wouldn't even touch it, just gave me the most pathetic look ever. but none of the changing foods gave him belly trouble. of course, i switched dry food on him pretty abruptly, and that didn't bother him at all either. my kitty has a pretty strong tummy. i feed him the wellness wet now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts