Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a problem at all, just an observation and I was just wondering if anybody else's cat is as finicky as mine when it comes to food. He will generally eat any type of cat food, dry or canned. But when it comes to human food, he will completely turn his nose up at any chicken, turkey, fish (cod, orange roughy), chicken liver and milk. The ONLY human food he has ever eaten a sample of is tuna (surprise surprise) which not to mention, he loved so much that it made his purring motor start up. I don't offer him a table scrap too often but when I do (because of his begging) he wants nothing to do with it.

I guess that's a good thing because I would imagine it's best for his health if he only eats food that was meant for cats.

Does anyone else have a cat that's so picky?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mitzi, Fallon and Xavier for the most part stick with their cat food but they enjoy having a little bit of chicken or beef when it's offered to them.

Sampson and Peaches are both pigs and for them to turn down any type of food whether it be fruit, grains or vegetables is RARE. Peaches is the worst one though.... That cat has never turned down anything including plain ol lettuce. Her favorite treat is pizza crust.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Moby isn't super fond of tuna either - which is weird.

Depending on the situation he'll eat anything though, as long as he sees humans eating it. For example: pancakes, Doritoes, raw onions, you name it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read that onions can be very bad for a cat. I just found this qoute doing a web search...

"Onions cause anemia in your cat because they destroy red blood cells. As a result, the oxygen in the animal’s body does not circulate correctly and the body cannot properly function. Garlic can also cause problems, but is generally less toxic to the cat than onions. Symptoms of anemia from onion ingestion are weakness, panting, weight loss and lethargy."

Actually I don't recommend that anyone eat onions... (because I don't like them myself) :p

·
Registered
866 Posts
:shock:
Now I'm sad I let moby get to them when they fell on the floor. I didn't think he's eat them. It was just a small cube though (1/2 cm by 1/2 cm).

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Bean, you're sweet! We have to find a girl who deserves you!

My male, Blueberry, loved it when I had a bowl of Spagettios for lunch. As soon as I put down the bowl, he would run over and lick the bowl! I pretended I didn't see...because he's thin. He's healthy and active, but thin. So, since he has turned down so many treats I've bought to put some weight on him, I warmed him some Spagettios. Whatever it takes, I reasoned. Well, guess what? He turned up his nose and walked away.
BTW, he still wants to lick the Spagettios bowl....Oh, well. I guess it's better if it's forbidden fruit! :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
My cat is a REALLY fussy eater with her ordinary food. She will only eat pouches, but she will change which flavours she wants and whether she wants jelly or gravy! She will change her mind every week usualy!

·
Banned
410 Posts
Kitty and Sophie will eat anything, but Kittygirl only eats Meow Mix. She turns up her nose at canned food, kitty treats, and even people food. She always wants to smell our food, but then just walks away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts