Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
What a way to start the morning...getting sharp claws dug into your toes because you had the temerity to expose them from beneath your bed covers. I mean, it's not my ideal way of being woken up...Ugh. Mean cat.

Why???? My foot is NOT a mouse!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I get woken up in the morning with Geets trying to wake me up by clawing my face. My face isn't a scratching post but mommy I'm hungry. Can't you see I'm starving to death. Please wake up. Other than that, I can't complain. He's such a great kitty (16 years old). I guess toes are very intriging to play with.

Kathy

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oh cats. Pinky gets mad at me on days I sleep in and once bit my nose. >_< When they want you awake, they want you awake!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ah yes, cats who want us awake. Logan does this to me too, mostly in the summer. The sun shines through our bedroom window onto the bed where I sleep so if I am sleeping he will nibble on my ears, nose, lips...whatever he can get to so I'll get up and let him sun himself. Brat :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
When they want you awake, they want you awake!

That is so true. Milky will stop at nothing to wake me up. He will jump all over the bed, claw at the blinds, claw at the floorboards amongst many other things. However, he hasn't realised that he's just a half hour too early!!! Ahh cats!!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ritz knows exactly where my bladder is, and thus, where to place her paws, gazing at me with Hungry Eyes (cue song from "Dirty Dancing").

·
Registered
823 Posts
There are two scenarios at our house.

1. Weekdays where we need to go work. The time to get up is 4:30 a.m.

Under this scenario at no point is there any "waking us up" of any kind tolerated. This includes meowing, stepping on heads, stomachs, necks, jumping around the bed or furniture, or making noise of any kind. In the past, this was a punishable offense which meant being put into the (very large) carrier at the other end of the house until it was time to get up. This time has always been signaled by the alarm clock. After the alarm goes off anything is fair game. They have learned this very well and we haven't had to enforce this for a long time. The carrier now resides out in the garage where it belongs.

2. Weekends or Holidays where we sleep

These days are pretty much fair game as long as they don't start fussing much before 7:30 a.m.

We don't feed them right when we get up, but make them wait until we are showered, dressed, and the coffee is brewing. When the smell of coffee is in the air, it's time to eat, and they know it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I guess I am lucky!!

No claws for me..just banging on the the door at 5 am. Why? Because my Blackie is hungry, and he needs to be fed at that time. He won't stop banging the door and meowing well more like crying until we get his attention. I want to sleep in, but he won't let my husband and I do that? When is that ending? My husband thinks never, but I have hope that Blackie will be understanding in the future that I need my beauty sleep lol..

·
Registered
159 Posts
I kicked George in the face one morning when he bit my toe like a piece of jerky. Perfectly normal instinctual reflex to pain! Now that woke me up.. limping around trying to find him to make sure he was OK.. :roll:

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Samantha would wake me up a half hour before the alarm by taking a big stinky in the litter box in the room next to my bedroom and not covering it, I'd hear her digging then the stench would waft into my room making further sleep impossible.
BTW, she would cover her poop the rest of the time.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
MowMow will occasionally poke me on the nose with his.... which of course makes his whiskers tickle me. That usually means I'm not laying in the proper position and once I shift he settles back in to sleep. Other than that they've pretty much learned to keep their distance if they are getting up before I do.

Pouncing on feet or climbing on me usually causes me to start throwing knees and elbows and anyone clattering the blinds (big pet peeve of mine) before I'm ready to get up gets a pillow thrown in their general direction.

THey've both learned that a Mom who isn't allowed to awaken on her own is NOT a happy Mom and if Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts