Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this morning I get woken up at the ungodly hour of 6am by this odd chirping sound.
I sit straight up in bed, and knew right away what it was.....
I live on the third floor of an apartment building, and have constructed a sort of cage for my balcony so that the cats don't jump of or fall off, but the top of it is open.

Smokey, aka Mr. Chubbs, caught a bird.

I don't know HOW he did it, but he did.

So, all 5 other cats are running after him, he's growling and spitting and hissing at them, very protective of his bird......

I tried to corral him and get him out on the balcony, it took about 5 runs around the apartment, with me chasing him, and 5 cats chasing me....

Finally, I get him outside, and I close the balcony door so it is just he and I. He drops the bird and chirrups at me like he's saying "Look what I did Mom!!!" all proud of himself...

So I try to take the bird (who has now passed on - thank god, I was crying from hearing it's noises...) to get it away from him, and he has a fit and starts hissing and growling at me, puts out his paw, and snatches the bird away!!!

So, I left him on the porch, and went in for about a half an hour. I came back out, and the bird was gone. I'm not asking any questions as to what happened to the bird......

·
Registered
560 Posts
That's a lot of cats! It amazes me how my cat can catch anything either! He's brought everything home from birds to rabbits. I wouldn't feel too bad about it - it's just something they do.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I remember when I was in high school, I took private violin lessons and I would go to my teacher's home for them. Anyways, she had a lot of cats. One of them was a gorgeous grey one named Castor that would start meowing at you until you pet him, but once you did, you were HIS and he wouldn't let you do anything else, not even play violin which is what I was paying to do there!

Anyways, i digress: another one of the cats was Baby, and Baby was an outdoor cat. So in the middle of my violin lesson, Baby comes in with a dead mouse and drops it at my teacher's feet. I found the behavior fascinating, but at the same time slightly distrubing when it happens in the middle of Mozart Violin Concert in G :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts