Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am learning as I go and I started Shadow on dry, then found this board and started buying wet food. At first I bought Iams wets kitten formula and then I started playing with FF and also Nutro in the pouch. I have noticed in one sitting he will only eat a tablespoon at a time and I have to refrigerate the rest. I have been doing this twice a day and then he has his dry to munch on. Is this enough or should I add a third feeding of the wet? The problem I have found is that the bigger cans of wet take two days to eat where as the 3oz only one day and he can move on to a new flavor. Now I have several big cans of the Iams left which he has decided he does not like anyways. I read the pouch instructions and it acts as if he should eat two/three pouches a day! I dont want to over feed him. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you want to increase the amount of wet food in his diet you will need to stop free-feeding dry. I would guess the reason he doesn't eat much wet is that he is already full. Try putting down a bowl of dry and them pick it up after 30 minutes. At the next mealtime, feed him the wet. My bet is he will be hungry and ready to eat!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I will try removing the dry and seeing if I can increase his wet food intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts