Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask this as I eye an somewhat abandoned knitting project in the corner... What are your hobbies? Or what crafty things have you been up to lately?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am into Hagiography. I started last year and I really like it. It is very creative and relaxing.
I would also like to take up knitting and sewing. I have a very old singer sewing machine (we inherited it from my fiance's grandmother), which I plan to put into use, instead of having it as a decorative. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I love to knit (mittens are my specialty). I also like to crochet and I LOVE television.

I also like video games and I have a novel in the works. I love to read (I am on the Song of Ice and Fire books right now) and I cook, bake and do a lot of other creative things.

My mother did not have a creative bone in her body, was not a "house wife" by any means and did not support me in what I wanted to do creatively, so now I just let it flow out of me.

The one thing I would LOVE to learn how to do is paint.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i like to sewing doll clothes they are those cute ball jointed dolls i got a cheap one so i sew her doll clothes :) from time to time and i doodle alot.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well, I crochet and sew a bit. Just picked those up last year so still learning. I also do calligraphy and play piano. I like baking and cooking too. I like crochet the best because its something I can do while watching tv with hubby...makes doing nothing somewhat productive lol

·
Registered
689 Posts
I like crochet the best because its something I can do while watching tv with hubby...makes doing nothing somewhat productive lol
I play violin & piano, crochet & knit, photography (pet portraits are my specialty), DIY stuff like crafts and home interior, reading, and music.

Like Cats&Plants, I prefer crochet at night when I'm relaxing with my husband and critters with the tv on. I've usually always got xmas presents going, be it afghans, shawls, etc. I like that it keeps me busy so I don't snack. And of course I've always got at least 3 cats and a chihuahua on my lap while I'm doing it. A handmade gift from me isn't truly handmade if there's no fur stitched within. Ha.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have a horse who is also a big hobby! I sell hand made jewellery (plus dog and cat collars decorated with gemstones and decorated horse shoes) and that's a hobby as well. I am also a traditional herbalist.

I have to ask how hagiography is creative? Being dense - sorry.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I can see how it is a hobby. I have a degree in religious studies and nothing is more relaxing to me than sitting down with a buddhism or Early American Christian textbook and reading away.

But I am weird.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a lot of different interests, but I guess the interests I indulge most frequently are drawing, photography, fitness, and soccer, which I've been playing competitively for over 20 years.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
I wish I had even one crafty bone in my body. Alas.

And I wish I actually had any hobbies that I could indulge in at the moment.

I love to bake and cook, and to entertain in general, but I very rarely have time.

I love jigsaw puzzles, but they're hard on my hips, so I haven't done one in at least 3 years.

I love crossword puzzles, and I used to do at least one before going to bed every night. Now, I'm either on this forum or watching TV, or watching the live kitten cam, instead of exercising my brain.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am like spirite, I love to bake and cook, but rarely have time to do it these days.
I also love jigsaw puzzles, but again, no time. I have three years old super active daughter running around i am sure she would like to do puzzles with me and then i would lose at least half of the pieces :D

back in the past I tried to knit and crotchet and still find it fun, but again, dont have time for it now. I always tell myself that i will go back to it when my kids are older haha :)

I do run and rock climb in the gym though. I really like physical activities, especially outdoors. Currently I am training for half-marathon so I am running 3 times per week, and on weekends i always run a long run with my friend, i consider it as a hobby :) yesterday we ran together 12 miles, it was fun!
I also LOVE skiing, but can do it only in season, and since I love in the south, I am kind of limited ;)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts

Hagiography is sacred icon painting. We paint Byzantine icons on wood, so although imagination is not required because you follow very specific patterns, I still find it creative.

Google Image Result for http://www.iconsexplained.com/iec/lib5/05563_christ_sinai_wiki_466x900.jpg[/QUOTE]

Now I understand!! I actually have a friend who does this but over here we call it iconography and hagiography is a study of saints!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I do a lot of artsy/crafty stuff. I used to do pottery and sculpting when I was in school, but I don't have the facilities for that right now. Been trying to get back into drawing. In the summer when I can work outside, I'll do some woodworking... I'd really like to build some furniture for my bedroom this summer, but I don't have a permanent workspace, so it's difficult to do anything complicated or too time consuming.

Folding origami and crochet are also hobbies of mine. We have some great bike trails around here, so I like to go for a ride on the weekends when the weather is nice. I've also been trying to read more and am currently revisiting some of the classics.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts