Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caesar, my character cat, has an undying love for putting things into/covering up his food/water with random things around the house. (occasionally he does this with the litter too, but thankfully far less than the food and water). Some of the things I find are pretty outlandish. Was wondering if anyone found any similar items, or worse?

-kitty toys
-socks
-shirts
-pants (including jeans)
-plastic bags
-blankets
-toothbrush
-stuffed animals
-quarters
-keys
-toilet paper/tissues
-fridge magnets
-garbage

I'm sure theres more but thats all I can think of. We learned to put things in closed drawers really fast. Its too bad that even when they are slightly open, he can get into those too >.>

·
Registered
388 Posts
We try to keep most things either out of his reach or preferably out of his sight, but he mostly likes dragging his toys into the water fountain. Normally I find balls, ribbons or tissue paper in there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We try to keep most things either out of his reach or preferably out of his sight, but he mostly likes dragging his toys into the water fountain. Normally I find balls, ribbons or tissue paper in there!
Oh, haha, we thought we were doing a good job keeping things out of reach. He just found more things. Dumping the change jar, literally pulling a line of toilette paper from the bathroom to his water dish (a good 15 feet), climbing on top of the fridge, opening the high cupboard, and pulling down plastic bags. We learned fast that we had to rearrange our home shortly after he came to live with us, haha.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My kitty does not carry things to the water bowl or to her food, but she likes to steel pens from everywhere she finds them and play with them. Also she likes to grab my hairsticks from my bedside table...lot of them are lost already. Bad kitty! But I love her to pieces!:love2

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The cats at the shelter I volunteer at have started putting their toys in he water bowls. Both cloth toys and plastic dingle balls. It's not so bad when the balls have only plastic, but the little metal bells sit at the bottom and leave a rust spot. Then I have to go take that bowl and totally wash it out. (usually I just rinse them with hot water and refill).

Oh, and sometimes they will get litter in the water bowls that are all the way across the room from the boxes! I dunno how they do it! Maybe they go potty, then go over to the water bowls to wash their paws. Silly kitties!

·
Registered
214 Posts
My kitties haven't done much of this yet, although they love putting their dry food into their water.

My cats at my parents house are a different story. Bella likes to leave her toys in her dish. I guess it could be worse.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Back when I had the Tonkinese, Isabeau, it got cold out and some mice came in from nearby field. She caught one while I was at work - on New years eve, and after she played with it all over the apartment, leaving a blood trail, it ended up in her food bowl, sans tail. Never did find that tail so maybe she ate it. That makes it food! Oh, and she liked to toss her toys in the air and bat them across the room, and thats what she did with the mouse...there was blood on the walls! I was having friends over for New years, so was not amused that I had to clean up mouse blood before they arrived.

Squeek and Lickorish haven't left anything in their bowls, yet.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Apple & Pedro don't put things in their dishes. Zoe used to put her duck & frog in her water dish. Once I found her jellyfish in there. Never her land animals though. Only water animals. LOL I think she watched too much National Geographic! hahaha! She wasn't a fan of regular toys, but had an army of beanie babies. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Usually crumbled balls of paper, catnip mice, and ponytail holders (her absolute favorite toy).

But once... Her Ladyship somehow got my bluetooth out of my purse and into her water bowl.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hahaha, your kitties put some crazy stuff in their bowls, that's so funny. Apollo has never really done that, thankfully. Although, his water bowl never lasted very long. He used to dump over his water and flood out my kitchen and play in the water. Now that I'm using a large baking pan for his food & water, we haven't had an issue. He has tried to use a tote bag to cover up his food though, that's about it.

I mostly find toys in my shoes and slippers, or a bug carcass in my shoes or slippers. Eww.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Rocky was patiently waiting to come inside for dinner last night for 20 minutes . . . with a small bird in her mouth. My kid was talking to her through the door telling her "You dont need a bowl for that!"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts