Cat Forum banner

What brand food do your cats like the most?

• Eukanuba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Royal Canin

• Iams

• Science Diet

• Whiskas

• Friskies

• 9 Lives

• Purina

• Fancy Feast

• Other

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i give my cats dry Eukanuba adult lamb and rice with dry Royal Canin special 33 for breakfast, 50/50 mix. then for dinner they get Iams or Fancy Feast (Friskies) canned food.

they are picky eaters :?

their favorite is Royal Canin...

·
Registered
171 Posts
catman said:
i give my cats dry Eukanuba adult lamb and rice with dry Royal Canin special 33 for breakfast, 50/50 mix. then for dinner they get Iams or Fancy Feast (Friskies) canned food.

they are picky eaters :?

their favorite is Royal Canin...

It goes straight to the poll results without allowing me to vote.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feed my cats Iams hard food because they like to munch on it throughout the day. It's the only kind of cat food that doesn't make Mouser throw up. It also seems that their poop doesn't stink as badly as it does with other cat foods. My aunt had seven cats at one time and isn't the greatest housekeeper but her house never smelled like dirty kitty litter which she says is due to the fact she fed them Iams.

- koneko

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fancy Feast in the morning. Purina One Growth & Development [40% protein - no by-prods] during the day and, at night, either pink salmon, liver, or Felidae. These cats will eat most anything but turn up noses at Nutro. I don't know why. Looking forward to their fluffy winter coats. : ) Removed collars (scary), temporarily, but hate that ring they imbue...still looking for some mooseliver...no luck, so far, will keep searching -may have to go to Canada...will keep you informed.

p.s. Batman brought me another field mouse last night - What a guy! - (thought about giving it out as Halloween treat - wife said no, the mouseburghers were fine, let the neighborhood-kids' cats catch their own for them)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
My cats absolutely love Wellness.. My Oreo is finally picking up some weight! And Cheyenne seems to be losing weight! Works for both ends for me :) I hate the smell though *holds her nose*

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
koneko said:
It's the only kind of cat food that doesn't make Mouser throw up.
Have you gradually changed foods? Changing to suddenly can cause that. I'd rather you not feed Iams :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
We feed them Royal Canin Kitten food, even though it's expensive. We tried switching to another food (Nutram) that was almost the same in nutrient content, but $10 cheaper, and boy did their poop stink! So we switched back :?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Of the brands I've tried....
I think Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul was their favorite dry food and Active Life was their favorite canned food.

·
Registered
676 Posts
My cats like sooo many, Felidae, Chicken Soup, Solid Gold, Innova etc etc you name it! They generally are not to picky, and i haven't come across a canned food they didn't liket yet!

I would generally not feed my cats any of those listed on your poll, they do not meet my personal standards.

·
Registered
651 Posts
They used to be on Purina Kit and Kaboodle or Meow Mix and loved it. Then I switched to Felidae, they could take it or leave it. I only had one bag of that; can't get it locally. So then I switched to Nutro Weight Mngmt since they were getting fat. They're not crazy about the Nutro but tough *itty said the kitty! :twisted:

Their favorite is Fancy Feast. They get that as a treat occasionally.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Kittygirl and Yoda seem to like Nutro Natural the best. Kitty and Sophie seem to like Natural Balance the best. I recently got a bag of Felidae for them--since alot of people seem to recommend it, but they acted like they weren't thrilled over it. I'm going to try it out for a few more days--if they aren't satisfied, then I'm going back to Natural Balance and Nutro--I'm getting tired of buying food that they don't like. (They didn't like Blue or Chicken Soup, either). They seem so excited when I refill their bowls with Nutro and Natural Balance--so I'll probably stick with those if the Felidae doesn't work out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can totally relate! I was all excited to buy my first bag of Felidae, and my cat just gave me THE LOOK when I mixed some in with her old food (Nutro), the "what did you put in my bowl" look. She's been picking around the Felidae and then when the old food is gone she'll go eat the friskies my roomate gives her cat. Swell. So I may be going back to Nutro Natural if she doesn't come around, or try Natural Balance, I've been wanting to try that one too. Sigh.

·
Registered
917 Posts
my cat likes his felidae. actually, i'd never seen him turn up his nose at anything until i tried the innova wet food. i've been trying all sorts of wet food with him. he likes the nutro natural, felidae, wellness, solid gold (smelly though!) but when i tried the innova he just smelled it for a really long time and walked away. i was stunned!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts