Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm interested to know what breed my cats are just by their appearance. As I did not buy them and have little knowledge about this, I would appreciate any assistance from the more 'experience' cat forum members.

I have attached photographs of all our cats, including one that has just recently passed (Dylan).

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like you have a couple of long haired moggies and one short haired one! Cat's aren't like dogs, breeds aren't easily discernible and most cats that resemble a breed likely don't have any of that breed in them anyways. Cat breeds, and cat domestication is still incredibly new and most of the breeds are just a combination of similar looking moggies bred for appearances, unlike dogs where a lot of breeds developed to serve a certain function.

All very beautiful cats though, I especially love the moustache in the last picture!

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
They are all mixed breed. We consider them DLH (domestic long hair), DMH or DSH at our shelter with a sub breed of tabby (orange and white) or tuxedo (black and white), etc. The first 2 would just be considered tabbies I think. Hard to tell from the pics if they are calico, torti or tabbies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts