Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
We have had this stray cat called Ginger for many years now but I've never fully known what breed she is. I want to say tabby but I could be wrong any ideas?
Thanks so much for any help!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
No specific breed, she's a DLH (domestic long hair) cat. Or medium hair, can't really tell for sure. But definitely pretty. She looks like a little princess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No specific breed, she's a DLH (domestic long hair) cat. Or medium hair, can't really tell for sure. But definitely pretty. She looks like a little princess.
Awh thank you! I never even knew if she was long or short haired! Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
128 Posts
What a cutie! I love those little ear tufts in the first picture. It looks like she has an M marking above her nose (a characteristic of tabbies) so I'd call her a bicolor ginger tabby. That's not a breed, though, just a coat pattern.

[edit] There are various types of tabbies if you want to narrow it down more: striped, flecked (or speckled), bulls eye, spotted (or dotted), etc. I can't tell from your photos what kind of markings are on the orange areas of her body.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
A gorgeous cat, what a sweet facial expression he? has. I agree he's a Domestic Short hair, and because he has so much white in his coat his coat pattern is a bicolor red (or orange) tabby and white.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts