1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Ummmm....Invisible Cat??!!:D

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That is one big, adorable guy! :D I would say domestic longhair... possibly mixed with Maine Coon? He looks very large, and his features remind me of a Maine Coon... I could be wrong though since I'm not incredibly knowledgeable of the breed. Regardless, he is one beautiful cat!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Aww, DLH or domestic long hair, and a really good looking one at that. Since he has a bicolor van pattern (mostly white with coloring on his head, and probably his tail), you could tell your friends he resembles a Turkish Van, but the likelihood he is one is almost zero.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Without any papers to show he's a registered breed or family tree to show pedigree, you have a black and white bicolor DLH=Domestic Longhair. There are other breeds that look similar---Maine Coon cat (the largest cat breed with males 20+ lbs. and females 15+ lbs., Norwegian Forest cat, and Siberian (somewhat smaller than the other two breeds). Apart from the Maine Coon cat, the NFC and Siberian are relatively uncommon breeds. The ears of the Siberians are slightly wider set and smaller than the other two breeds. I'm thinking possibly NFC genes in there somewhere. These breeds are often 4-5 years old before they reach their full growth. Hard to really tell just from a front pic. A pic of him standing sideways and a head profile would be better. Very handsome guy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's a couple more pics
I understand he's not some fancy pure bred
but even vets say he's quite unique
things I can say about him
he grows a much more pronounced main and cheek fur in the summer
gf says his fur is like angora, he's extremely so expecially the white
we don't belive the white fur has an undercoat
he 16 lbs
2-3 maybe 4 years old?
he can reach his paws to the edge of the kitchen counter
he's extremely fast, a good climber not much of a jumper excellent bug hunter, has tracked mice at my work
he is an indoor cat unless on his harness
he's protective, runs to the door and meows if someone knocks, attck ed my gf when she yelled at me, on multiple occasion has been freaking out because I left the oven on.
he's very easy going, ride in my truck like a dog
very talkative he meows at me changing tones like he's having conversation
loves affection
Loves watching TV
also very dependant on me if he's left at home for 2 or more days alone he gets sick
he has to be boarded if I go out of town

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
2 years ago I was on a three week fishing trip in norther saskatchewan
I was having some drinks around the fire when a crazy kitten came running through chasing a moth
he came up for pets and sat on on my shoulder, he looked pretty rough.
I asked a camp guy said he had no idea where the cat came from, but figured he had been in a car fan or fight
my last day at the camp I found him and put him in my truck
I drove him 2 hours to the nearest vet
they nursed him up for a a week or so while I finished the second half of my trip
he had been shaved, neutered with an elastic and infected, worms, hart murmur dehydrated
cuts and frost bite, his elbows scabbard.
he got a clean bill of health when I picked him
sorry my tablet is having a hard time up loading pics

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Tobin,
What is this handsome boy's name?
What a rough, rough start he had, poor little guy...
It certainly sounds like he has repaid your kindness and love to him, by watching out for you now!:)
Sharon

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love rescue stories like that and, regardless of breed, he's a very lucky cat to have you in his life! I was going to mention Norwegian Forest Cat myself - he looks a lot like a cat we had at our local shelter not long ago (she was just a doll, very floofy and also blind; a volunteer snatched her up).

I, too, would like to know his name!

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Well he is a mix for sure......the coat doesn't look quite right for a Maine Coon, but which is flatter lying and silkier, though white fur can be fluffier than other colors. But his head profile looks similar and his personality sounds more Maine Coonish to me as they're real chatterboxes and like to carry on a conversation, dog like, playful, intelligent, sometimes standoffish to strangers. Whatever is in his background, I'm so happy to hear Tobin found you and you gotthe vet to fix him up. You have a true loyal friend there forever. Lucky you!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts