Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know abdo has some hints of persian in him, but his face looks nothing like a persians face in my opinion. Would anyone happen to know what breed this is?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Tabby is a coat color pattern, not a specific breed.

Yea, looks like some Persian somewhere. You could call him a 'Persian Mix' or a Domestic Shorthair.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Without papers it's always a domestic short/long hair unless it's a breed with very distinctive look that one can immediately see. But the nose on the first picture does have a hint of exotic (short haired version of Persian) in the mix.

Gorgeous kitty whatever his ancestry.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Beautiful - and a healthier face shape than most Persians these days. Just rejoice you have such a pretty kitty!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think his face looks similar to a doll-face Persian! Doll-face are also called traditional Persians. It's a less extreme look to the "new" look of Persians. I have two doll-face Persians and absolutely love them!

Your boys coat definitely shows that he's a mix since it's shorter. He almost looks like a doll-face Exotic Shorthair! :)

Regardless, he is ADORABLE!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I'd second that there is a physical similarity to an Exotic Shorthair.
But probably for the official records, Domestic Shorthair.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
He looks like a regular cat with some Persian/longhair in the background. Better (to my eyes) nose/face shape than the current popular Persian face - which comes with a set of problems from what I've heard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts