Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2003, when I first took a cat into my home, I had no idea what I was starting. Watching that little furball develop really opened my eyes to the glories of God's creation - and opened my heart to cats of all types.

Later, I was able to have encounters with a serval .... as well as a liger. Talk about extremes! I also dealt with a few bobcats. I happily foster cats for the local shelter.

Yet, for reasons I can't explain, I've had a strong fascination with the clouded leopard. Well, last Saturday I drove four hours to see one at the Nashville Zoo. I was not disappointed.

What a cat! Think of Fred Flintstone's cat, with huge spots. 50 lbs - like a large Rottweiler - a massive tail, a strong, compact build, and FANGS. Like a baby sabertooth!

Well, that cat looked at us, and had no doubt that he was master of all he surveyed.

So, I ask .... what cat fascinates you?

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Years ago, before I realized how cruel it was to keep these animals confined my husbamd paid for the 'Lion Experience' at MGM in Las Vegas. I got to play and cuddle with 6 young lion cubs in a large play room.

On another trip to Vegas we did the New Years eve show with Siegried amd Roy's show. The show was longer to ring in the new year. They brought white lion cubs down into the catwalk area where were sitting and i got to hold one for a LONG time while Roy talked to the audience.

That was the top for me. I like the majesty of a lion but i find tigers fascinating.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I love all the big cats, but the tiger is my favorite. Somewhere I have a picture of me holding a tiger cub.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
I'm with you ChiCat, the rare Clouded Leopard is my fave wild feline, followed by the Lynx. I even have a large framed print of a Clouded Leopard. Beautiful!

The first time I saw a the rare Singapura at a cat show, I thought it was the most elegant little cat I'd ever seen with its large luminous eyes...absolutely mesmermizing. And who can resist a beautiful Shaded Silver Persian? Surely one of the most beautiful of the Persians.

Breed Profile: The Singapura

PER-SLV Article (2001)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.