Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other side of "What Dumb Thing Did You Do?":p

My sister was three years older than I, and Mom often told her she had to take me along. Well, that went over like a wet balloon!

My sister often wandered me. She would tell me to stand still and not move, and she would round up the other kids to go sledding. I believed her.....for about an hour. :?

I made her swear on the Bible that she would play paper dolls with me on a certain day. I was about 7; that's my excuse. She refused; I got reprimanded by my mother, and my sister had to play paper dolls. You can imagine how much fun that was. :?

I went head over hills into a large excavation trying to rescue some white mice (or rats?) that a boy had. He wanted to see if they could manuever the 90 degree angle. Well, they couldn't, and neither could I. I vaguely remembered seeing things projecting from the side as I went head over heels down the steep precipice.

My sister told me not to say anything to my mother; she would handle things. My mother said I was so bloody she couldn't see any part of me except my eyes, but the head wound wasn't bad. I got first aid and a tetanus shot. My sister explained that a blind man had pushed me over the edge of the cliff! I don't know if Mom ever learned the truth, but I'm sure she didn't believe my sister's story, and she was so worried about me she didn't ask!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I got shot in the head..

By my brother's home-made potato cannon.

I had a concussion, and a round mark on my forehead for about a month. Oh and potato in every facial crevice.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My sister used to chase me around the house with her barney flashlight & gave me a black eye on more than one occasion. My dad finally got tired of it, and he told me to stand up for myself. So, the next time she bothered me, I smacked her so hard on the stomach that she had a hand print!! Needless to say, I was the one who got in trouble for beating up my baby sister (she was 2, I was 5).

About a year later, my sister decided to draw on my parent's bathroom cabinet with my mom's makeup. She blamed it on me (my mom believed her), but my dad finally got a confession a couple of hours later...

Another time, she got mad at me for beating her at a card game, so she cut open my pillows. My dad found her hiding under her bed!! LOL! My mom made him let her off easy though (my sister was the best at crocodile tears and my mom always fell for it!)

I finally got my "revenge" when she fell face first on a hill while we were walking to the bus stop; I was about 16 and she was 12. She was running up the hill and tripped on her flip flops, so she fell. The bad thing about it was that she had a ~50Ib book bag fall on her too! I feel "slightly" ashamed for this, but I burst out laughing when she rolled over with the book bag and said, "My brains...!" Then I called my mom to pick her up, and she was promptly seen in the local doctor's care, in front of several other previous patients, so she wouldn't drip blood everywhere. My parents love to make me re-enact this story for our family & friends at social gatherings ;)

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
My sister was horrible to me. She was 7 1/2 years old, the baby, and the only girl when I came along. She really hated me, especially when we got older and she had to babysit me every week.

She shot me in the stomach with a staple gun (thankfully it didn't stick in).
She would pin me down on the ground with my hands held above my head and poke me, or tickle me under the arms until I cried. I still panic if my hands are restrained in any way.
She and her best friend would double team me.
She would just bully me in general.

The worst thing was that she never left any marks, and I never had any witnesses. It lasted for years until she finally graduated from high school.

I have to say that when she licked a metal porch support while on vacation in Maine and her tongue froze to it I had a huge sense of glee.

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
While I don't have any siblings, I didn't lack the experience...we lived in a garden style apartment and the kid upstairs played the role of big brother really well...

I was about 3 and he was 4 when he intentionally ran over my foot with his tricycle. No broken toes, but cut and scraped things up pretty bad. This was a day or two before we were heading to the beach on vacation. Keeping sand out of it was impossible and I ended up with a nasty infection.

I had an appendectomy when I was 4 (no laprascopic surgery in those days). The day after I came home from the hospital he punched me in the stomach.

I got a brand new big box of crayons for a gift (64 colors...I never had more than 8 before then) and he broke every one of them in half.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a brand new big box of crayons for a gift (64 colors...I never had more than 8 before then) and he broke every one of them in half.
It was all bad, but this was really rotten! 64 crayons were a child's dream come true!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My brother and his friend had climbed to the top of an old swing-set with a big tree branch. They called me to "help" them and when I was under it, they dropped it on my head. I was about 5 years old.

Mostly I remember how cruel kids were in Middle School. I got tripped/kicked all the time. I got a straight pin shoved into my leg. I got cartons of milk and mud thrown at me. Kids eh?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I'd have to say school days were pretty crappy for me as well. Being short, a bit odd looking and a bit of a twit (yeah, I sometimes deserved it), I was an easy target. I also had a bit of a temper, so I lashed out (verbally) when I was pushed enough. Typically, the teachers were only interested when I lost it, and didn't care that I was being pushed into a rage. After all name-calling, abuse and general unpleasantness is fine, but telling someone to fornicate off was the evil of all evils. My dislike of children in general stems from this. There are few exceptions (very few) but most are real brats.

Although all this has given me one major positive side to my character. I generally don't care too much what people think of me now. If they have a problem with what I say/do/wear etc, they can shove it.

If a good friend tells me I'm being a gentleman's region, then I'll listen though :p

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I never really had anything directly happen to me, it was mostly snide comments. My parents didn't let me switch school until i was going into grade 6, and that helped a lot.I think I blocked the memories of what happened because I cannot remember anything other than that I was miserable and I regularly faked sick to get out of going to school.

When I was very little though my sisters favorite trick was to hit me, and then cry. I got in trouble for hitting my sister, and who would believe me when I said I didn't? No one, until they caught her :D

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My sister..again!

We were in the living room and she threw a throw pillow at me. She missed, and it hit a lamp, breaking it. My father heard the noise and came running it. While I was explaining what happened, my sister was running up the stairs to lock herself in the bathroom. I got the spanking! :? My dad was very strict, and if he couldn't get both of us, he was determined to get one!

If my mother had known, she would have been threatening to call the police. Of course, she never called, but she didn't believe in spanking. I think she just made my father more angry!

·
Registered
63 Posts
My brother has always been an annoying little pest that goes out of his way to bug me (he still is/does and he's 25 and I'm 27), but the only time he really almost hurt me was when I was about 9 or 10 and he was 7 or 8 and he put pepper in my eyes while I was sleeping. I woke up, smelling pepper, and shortly after was in the bathroom trying to rinse it out screaming that I was blind! My parents were furious at him, and came up with a just payment--he had to spend several hours with a blindfold on him to show him how life would be for me if he had blinded me permanently.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, my sister didn't do it on purpose, I don't think, but anyways.

When I was 7-8 and my sister was 5-6, we were up north in a cabin. Well, there wasn't much for kids to do to entertain themselves up there, so I was drawing and she was playing darts. This was one of those old-timey metal-tipped dart sets too. Anyways, one of them didn't have the feathers on the end, which apparently makes them go crazy. She threw it and it ended up in my knee up to the 'hilt'. I was in such a shock that I didn't do anything. Didn't move, cry, nothing. Unfortunately, I don't remember what happened after that.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Bunny, you people grew up rough. I didn't grow up around mean kids but my older brother claims he did. To this day he insists I bit him on the head when I was 4 and he was 10. I don't remember doing that. I swear it's one of his machiavellin ploys to gain an upper hand in our adult relationship.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I don't recall anything terrible from kids from when I was a kid. We lived in rural farmland and the closest neighbor kids, no matter what age, were who you played with and befriended. Our school was also very small and there were many friends among the different grades due to home proximity.

The more awful things I recall the most actually came from adults or older people in charge. 0_o Which is surprising because KIDS are supposed to behave like kids, not adults.

1. Babysitter who delighted in giving my sis and I a spoonful of tobasco sauce if we didn't bring snacks to her promptly or do exactly as she said immediately w/ no delay. She threatened to 'hurt our parents' if we told.
I wish we'd told.

2. Swimming at a friend-of-the-parent's home/pool and as I was laying on a floating lounge, the man asked me if I'd like for him to give me a push to send me across the pool really fast. That sounded fun and I said yes, eagerly looking forward to enjoy my ride ... which abruptly ended when he shoved the lounge-raft forward, gripped in his hands ... and held on ... which yanked the lounge out from under me and dunked me unceremoniously into the water. I remember surfacing in a dog-paddle, coughing and spluttering water from my mouth/nose, vision blurry from water running off the top of my head and into my eyes as I turned my head over my shoulder to look at him and see him laughing.
I wish I'd pee'd in his pool.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
When I was 4 years old and my sister was 5, there was a 7-year old boy on our cul-de-sac who kept hitting us. Our Dad talked to his dad and all he would say is, "Boys will be boys." So my Dad told us the next time he picked on us, to pick up the nearest thing and HIT him with it.

I knocked him flat with a piece of pipe that was lying in the street.

His dad was furious, but my Dad just said, "Girls will be girls."

He never picked on us again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
His dad was furious, but my Dad just said, "Girls will be girls."

He never picked on us again.
Oh my, what a stupid and careless parent. Good for both of them!

When I was 6, I was playing soccer with a boy from the neighbourhood in the backstreet. Another boy was biking and decided it was a good idea to speed his bike as fast as possible and run me over. I fell face forward and he ran me over from my toes to my head and didn't even stop. I cried and yelled so loud that my mom who was in the living room which is facing the street and not the backstreet came out in a second to pick me up. My left knee was a bloody mess, it was full of holes with little rocks inside of them. She can't handle seing blood so she wanted to bring me to an emergency clinic but I chained myself to the toilet and forced her to remove the rocks and the dirt from my knee one by one with a pair of tweezers it took 3 hours. I couldn't walk for a week. On the same year the boy who did this to me didn't do good in school and had to start over, so I bullied him about that until grade 6 (I was the nerdy girl).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts