Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since Francis birthday is coming, I wanted to do a celebration for him, but I don't know if my sister will be okay with it because he's her cat, not mine. I'm just the Aunt. lol I want to order a little cat and happy "Happy Birthday so and so" on it and the age they will be.

I mean I made little "Fish cookies" for the fish on their birthday. lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
For Zoe I had full on birthday parties, but for Pedro & Apple their birthdays are just special dinners, presents, and whatnot. We're going to have their big annual party with friends (furry and human!) on their Furever Home anniversary date so we only have one big party a year. Also as much as their birthdays are important, their Furever Home day is probably one of the most important dates in a feral kitty's life, imho.

So yup, kitty cake from the local pet bakery, fresh meat & veggies (Pedro LOVES peas & pumpkin), BBQ fare for the humans, presents, and perhaps even treat bags to take home for the furry guests :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
We get cupcakes (for ourselves), some gifts for the birthday kitty (usually toys), and their favorite meal (the canned of tuna in water). We sing Happy Birthday and then take lots of pictures.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The trick is that they're usually advertised as dog bakeries, but if you go in and ask about what the ingredients are there are usually plenty items safe for kitties! Veggies like pumpkin are a very common ingredient in "cookies" and cakes. And don't be turned off by what looks like chocolate when you walk in because it's just carob :) The pet bakery here smells as good and sometimes better than the human bakeries! LOL

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
MowMow's birthday is coming up and I've already gotten/wrapped his gifts, I think he enjoys tearing up the wrapping paper more than the gift inside. A large box appeared from Petco.com yesterday from Daddy with phone instructions that it was not to be opened until MowMow's birthday :p

We'll have a little party at home. Daddy's flying in a few days before for a long weekend and I'll make a special dinner that we can all share. I'll probably give him a can of his favorite kitty crack and pick up a dunganess crab or some king crab legs to share with him.

I think we'll head to the local park and take MowMow for a walk, then we'll all snuggle on the couch and watch movies. That's what he loves to do most when all three of us are home together.

·
Registered
679 Posts
hmmm so sasha? I have no idea when her birthday or adoption day is ... sad I know. She was 4 or 5 years old when we got her 11 years ago. I never wrote down the day so she is birthday less :?

Bentley, we throw a party for and its lots of fun. He has many doggie and human friends. I usually pick the dog themed decorations from birthday express. As this is as much for the humans as the dogs. We have a fenced in yard so I fill up plastic pools as well and they run and play in the backyard.

I have a dog recipe book for birthday cakes. I am not that great at it but I do try. Of course the humans get real cake =p

The kids all get a huge kick out of it and it breaks up the boring weekends. I don't do it so much for him but for friends and family. He has a blast though!!

THE DOG Party Supplies
This is the decoration pack I used last time. I did get the treat bags and placed toys in it for the human kids and a milkbone or 2 for the dogs.

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
I didn't celebrate Samantha's birthday as much as the anniversary of the day I brought her home.
I'd feed her her favorite meal and get her a new toy, usually some new rattle mice.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I didn't celebrate Samantha's birthday as much as the anniversary of the day I brought her home.
I'd feed her her favorite meal and get her a new toy, usually some new rattle mice.

Awww that is sweet.

In our family, we really do it more for the kids then the pet. I mean sure Bentley has a blast but he would be just as happy with a new bone.
There is nothing more fun for a kid then a birthday party ~ especially for their pet.

Sasha isn't a party animal so thinking she wouldn't be as happy with one:wink

Knowing my daughter ~ we will be having birthday parties for her kitties lol

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thats sounds really awesome. I wonder if there are pet bakery's in Chicago.. Hmm..
Its a blast to make you own as well!
Remember ~ they won't complain if it comes out lumpy or burnt =p
My kids get a bigger kick out of making and decorating the cake.

Google birthday cake for cats and you will find many easy recipes.

I saw one that was really cute, decorated truffles!! How cute for a cat!

something else, try making catnip tea for the special event. Its super easy, put some fresh catnip into a clear water bottle, shake it up and sit it in the sun for a few minutes, shake again. Pour and kittie should love it.

My daughter and I have been thinking of making catnip snow cones for the kittens this weekend. She has a snow cone maker and I am thinking catnip snowcones would be a blast with kittens!

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
We give Gracie a birthday card (actually, we give her the same card every year since she can't read :)) we take some photos (posed with the card and without), we give her nice things to eat - usually a favorite meal or a new type of treat, and if we happen to find a new toy, she'll get that too...Oh, and of course we sing "happy birthday" to her all day!

A few days before her birthday she'll get a bath, too. She's sort of used to it, because we bathe her to keep our allergies down. Her birthday bath and thorough brushing afterwards is so that she'll look her best for her photo shoot :D.

Fran

1 - 12 of 12 Posts