Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what cats do cats play ith each other apart from wrestling. is hissing actually a game.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Hissing is actually a form of verbal communication, usually something akin to "Hey!" or "Watch it!" Cats have a wonderful vocal range.

Inter-cat games are usually more or less made up on the spot, a lot of "Let's-see-if-I-can-catch-my-brother's-tail," chasing each other around, wrestling, and sometimes playing with a toy together.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm confused by this too. Julia is aggrivated by Moby, and Moby tries to play all the time (ending in Julia hissing at him). But sometimes after he leaves she chases right after him (and it ends with her running away hissing).

Is she trying to play or just trying to get back at him when he's not looking?

By all the time I don't mean it's constant, or harming.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Bean said:
I'm confused by this too. Julia is aggrivated by Moby, and Moby tries to play all the time (ending in Julia hissing at him). But sometimes after he leaves she chases right after him (and it ends with her running away hissing).
I read that personailties differ a great deal between male and female cats as they grow. While they may play together as kittens, as they mature, the male cat will still want to "rough house" while the female may be more stand-off-ish. If you want your cats to play together well as adults, they should usually both be about the same age and the same gender. That your cats aren't playing well together may be attributed to this.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
The kittens are starting to play-attack each other: stalking, pouncing, jumping, running. All this on very unsteady legs. It's hilarious! Scully tries playing with them, but she does her best to be very gentle. You can tell she wants someone to roughhouse with...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts