Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Toby does that with lamb chops. And I'll get a little paw pop up on my plate hoping to swipe away said lamb chops if I'm not careful ...

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
melysion said:
...I'll get a little paw pop up on my plate hoping to swipe away...
Mousie with chicken. I have learned, if we are eating in the living room and I have my plate on my lap or on the tray, I keep my non-utensil arm around the edge of my plate to ward off her paws and keep them out of my food.
I learned this lesson one evening (pork chops) while Hubby and I were eating in the LR and watching a very good movie. I was engrossed with a part in the movie and when I looked down at my plate for another bite, my 'chop was gone. I was a little confused, because I didn't think I'd eaten it all...then I realized that even if I had eaten it all, the BONE should still be there! Got up and found Mousie in the middle of the kitchen floor gnawing on my 'chop.
She had been snuggled right next to my side, purring and rubbing her head on me...just waiting for me to be distracted enough for her to hook my food and make a run for it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've mostly stopped Slasher and Ripper from jumping on my lap while I'm eating. Now they just sit there staring up at me and crying, to make me feel guilty.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess I should point out they all did get half a shrimp (except Zaq, he got a WHOLE one).

For some reason, only certain foods make them do Heidi's "circle like sharks". Shrimp is obviously one of them. :lol:

Zaq does the paw thing too! Only he's mostly beside me.. and he pulls the "ooooh, i'm just gonna STREEEEEEETCH my aaaaaaaarrm.. oh gee! my paw is on your meat, i guess you won't be needed that now, will you!"

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Muzby said:
Zaq does the paw thing too! Only he's mostly beside me.. and he pulls the "ooooh, i'm just gonna STREEEEEEETCH my aaaaaaaarrm.. oh gee! my paw is on your meat, i guess you won't be needed that now, will you!"
How funny! That is what Mousie does, too. She purrs and butts her head against my arm/ribs, rubs her body against me. ....then she stretches her paw out slowly, if I pat it she just pulls it back. If I don't see it, she hooks the food off the plate and is GONE with it. She is so stealthy I usually don't notice. If she gets the claws into it, its' gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts