Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOWZA!

Over the past maybe 1 1/2 - 2 weeks now, there has been a mighty amonia (pee) smell coming from my cats litter box, sure I scoop it enough, I have good litter and deoterizer in it, and changed it all out and scrubbed down the box only a week ago.

You bend down to scoop it and your eyes start watering.

I can not figure out why this is happening, I've thought one of my cats might have a UTI, but the most likely canidate just got a clean bill of health.

Can you think of other causes for this and other ways I could get rid of this problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes when I clean the litter box I always make sure it does NOT smell before I use it again, lol. One of my cats Asim is very finicky about smells and dirtiness, so I try to stay right on top of all this.

I started feeding Solid Gold (slow transition) and canned Rabbit to them, but this problem appeared a couple days before they started those new foods.

I give them fresh water mulitipul times a day, I have tried putting ice cubes in it too. I just gave them another water dish in a different location.
We have A/C here and it's always on to a nice temp, so I'm not concerned about it being to hot or dry/humid in here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.