Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thomas is about one and half years old now. He's been neutered since her was 4 months. Lately he's been doing something odd and I'm not sure what it is. He kneeds on a pillow or blanket, but it doesn't look like normal kneeding. His front paws are working at the pillow/blanket, but he hunches up his body (kind of like he's going poo), and his back legs and butt shake, like he's really tensing those back muscles.

Kitty has never done anything like this, she used to kneed me, but only with her front paws.

Does anyone know what this behavior is?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It's normal. A lot of cats get really 'into' kneading and do it with all four paws. I had one that not only danced with all four paws, but slowly pivoted in a circle around the piece of blanket she had gripped in her teeth! They must go into an altered state or something; when she was like that, I could yell all day and she'd never notice!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
This sounds like what Twinkie does to the sheepskin rug. He paws it with his front paws, and kneads it, crouches low to the ground and pumps the rug and bites and drags it across the room sometimes. One time my teddy bear fell from the bed and Twinkie was humping this bear in the hallway......... :roll:

·
Registered
709 Posts

My kitty does this too, at first i was like wth!! it was embaressing! but you get used to it and the reward for me putting up with it was that he would curl up and go to sleep with me :wink: :D so it's nothing abnormal! :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts