Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what it is that draws you to cats? What do you like most about them? I especially want to know why all the die-hard cat people prefer cats!
For me, I love the CAT-ittude that many cats have. You know, cats do what they want, when they want, and they don't care what you think about it.;)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hmmm to sum it up...

“Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty,
little ball of fur.
Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty,
purr, purr, purr”.

Nothing relaxes me more then burying my fingers ( or face) in the silky fur of a happy, sleepy cat and feeling that vibration.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It's difficult to explain... I'm just drawn to everything about kitties! Something about their demeanor, they're so inquisitive and intelligent. They're very quiet, clean, smell great, and have the softest fur. Even if they're not being "quiet", there is no sound cuter than a sweet (or demanding) "mew", and no feeling better than a warm, cuddly cat purring on me. Cats are just bursting with incredible personality. These are some of the things that have set them apart from dogs for me, and is why I prefer kitties (not to spark a debate or anything... I love doggies too!)

When I visit my parents house and my family dogs... I love visiting, but by the end I'm over them barking nonstop and letting them outside fifty times just for them to come in with mud on their paws and them smelling gross LOL. They're small little poofy Pomeranians so they're beyond adorable... but now that I know what it's like to live in my apartment with just my two kitties... I don't know if I could ever go back!

I also have to agree with you about the cat-itude! It shows how intelligent they are, they know better than to listen to our demands! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
They are so beautiful, their bodies are so elegant. They are also funny, inquisitive, they purr to let you know they are happy, and they are independent. Easy to care for. Endless source of entertainment. These are just a few things I can think of at a moments notice. They are just awesome in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
So many things... their independence, their sweetness, their fur, how great they smell. How they have interesting lives of their own in their outdoor kingdom, all sorts of adventures and explorations. And they're so small to be doing all that.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
They have wonderful characteristics and personality. That mix still of wild and domestic in them. I get a real kick out of watching my girls stalk toys like a tiger or panther and each other. Just as much as when they jump on my lap or snuggle on the bed with a purr.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There really isn't anything better than when you know a cat has chosen YOU to be its person.:)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I am a dog person. Yet I adore cats. There's something calming about having a cat in the house... even when they're Munch. He's more work than all three of my dogs. .. but my dogs are all 6+ and well trained (no barking here! ) cats are fascinating to watch and have such fun personalities. I LOVE watching Munch play with the dogs (which he does almost constantly when I'm home) he sure keeps us on our toes!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just about every cat that I have been around has been quirky in some way.
I love dogs and have 3 of my own and the same applies to them BUT it's almost like it's amplified with cats... :roll:

And of course the CATitude that you talk about... What's even better than a cat with a CATitude? A cat that drops it completely, only for you! :kittyball

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Well I have a cat most of my life but then after a long while of no cat, I pretty much forgot why I liked cats. Now I just come to the conclusion that I like animals and would probably get close to almost any that became part of my household.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
What lyle said.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am an all around animal person. I love dogs, cats, fish, birds, spiders. Just about everything! In the past I lived with my sister and we cared for three dogs, Ananda, Keoke and Kiora. My Ananda passed away from cancer at ten and half and a year later Kiora and I moved in with my husband. But Kiora didn't take well to being an only dog and we just didn't have time for two dogs with a newborn baby. We tried to work through Kiora's SA for almost 8 months but she was just miserable. I felt like at that point my options were to put her on drugs for her anxiety or for her to go back to living with my sister and Keoke.

After talking with my sister we both decided that it would be best for her to take Kiora. It was a very heartbreaking decision for me because Kiora is my baby and I tried really hard to keep her with me. Kiora is so much happier now living with Keoke and my sister, and my sister is pretty much the only person I would have entrusted her care to. Kiora has been living with my sister for a year now and she is doing wonderful. I don't feel wonderful about it but that is just me being selfish and I need to get over it.

Anyway after a few months I was really feeling the void of not having an animal companion in my life and I started to think about adopting a cat. I joined this forum, did some research, and visited some cats that were up for adoption. But it didn't feel right yet. It wasn't until October or so that I felt it was time and I added Agnes to family in early December. Now we have Dexter too and I feel like we are complete.

So why did we choose cats? Because they are very independent, don't feel anxious if you have to go out, don't need to be walked, and minimal potty training (although that one is coming back to haunt me, lol!). They are also beautiful, warm, funny, and affectionate. There is something wonderful about feeling that purr under your hand. And they fill that void inside me that says I need to share my life with other species.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kitty purrs are very soothing.:) I adore burying my face in Nuggets fur when I need to have a good cry, she comforts me.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Also check out a Companion Thread:
"Why do you have a cat?"

Lots of reasons for me!:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts