Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... my cat Oreo, is really tiny and has long fur. I would just say that she is some type of American cat but she is so tiny. Does anyone know what she might be?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
She's an asymmetrical piebald domestic longhair. :)

I have a co-worker who will only adopt asymmetrical piebald cats.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow.... how can you tell? That's amazing! Are asymmetrical piebald domestic longhair's normally really tiny? When I got her from the SPCA she was really skinny because she had a litter of kittens in her first heat, and I don't think was fed very often by her previous owner. So I fed her so much and fattened her up, but she is still so small and tiny. Maybe she never fully grew after having kittens? I dunno.

Thanks for your comments everyone!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is almost two years now... and I have had her for a year and a half. I think..... :? :D

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Well, the markings on the left side of her face tell me that she's asymmetrical. Black and white cats are known as "piebald" if you want to get technical. And any non-breed-specific cat without papers that has long hair is a domestic longhair. :)

Your cat is so beautiful that I thought she deserved a fancy title.

How much does she weigh? She doesn't have the looks of any cat that I know of that's known for being small.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know... I have never seen a cat like her before either. She can't weight over about 5 pounds. She has such a tiny frame.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well, I think she is a gorgeous little girl and I think she would certainly look good here with me. I also think that there is little chance of you giving her up... )))

There's just something about that photo that reaches out and grabs you. Give her a hug from me and tell her I think she is a cutie!

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I love the look in her eyes - she seems to be so loving..mmm yum *hugs*

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi again. Thanks for your comments!! I am posting another picture so you can see how tiny she is.... Can you believe that she had kittens?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oreo apppears to me to be a part Persian, with tuxedo mixed in. Many long-furred cats have some Persian in them. One of the ways to determine if any Persian is present is through her attitude. (I have one doll-faced Persian, all black, that has a different personality than my other fukids. Mopsy is laid back, is not demanding and very mannered. She is asleep most of the time.) Her small size, may be genetic. I have a white kitty (Blitz-Bug) with black spots on her coat, and she too is small (weighs about 4 lbs, and about 1 year old. Foxy is also a small, silver-white, part Persian.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts