Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Misa I would sat cat dancer and Laser are her favorite. Since we don' have another cat.. she treats them like they are another cat. lol

Vinnie and Francis. well they got each other and laser. They like any toy really, but Misa is pickier.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
For an interactive toy nothing beats DaBird. All my cats love it and will wear themselves out playing with it.
The toy they all like best when they are playing alone is the round scratcher with a track for a ball around it. They keep coming back to that over and over. They even like it better then the turbo track.

Amazon.com: Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy, Colors May Vary: Kitchen & Dining

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My sister has that toy, but the boys don't really use it. They will look at it though/ Francis will used it as a scratching post. lol

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Alice's favorite toy is the Catnip Banana:

Rochelle's favorite toy is the simple jingly lattice ball:

Samantha's favorite toy is, of course, her plush catnip-filled Catfish:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My girls love da Bird and the Cat Charmer. I just recently bought the Cat Catcher refill for da Bird. The mouse is tiny! Haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
No doubt about this one...Da Bird!

When it comes to toys they play with themselves, I would pick the little catnip mice.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I really need to get my hands on this mystical DaBird. I actually tried to pick one up last time I was at PetCo, but they were all out!! :(

I'm going to PetSmart tomorrow to get some new fish for my tank, so perhaps I can grab it then.

Athena is obsessed with crinkle balls (these sorts of things: Amazon.com: Pet Supply Imports - Crinkle Ball 1-1/2-Inch Cat Toy 3/Bag: Kitchen & Dining). We joke that they are the "Athena Signal" because all I have to do is quietly crinkle one and it will summon her from anywhere in the condo. She gets so excited about them and will just bat them around for hours!

Apollo's favorite toy is Athena. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm pretty lucky that mine have at least played with all of their toys at one time or another. They do have their favorites though: Pumpkin loves the colorful little rattle mice; she likes to throw them up in the air with her two paws then catch them (it sorta looks like she is playing volleyball when she does this). Simone really loves these soft "mice" that look more like ferrets, and lately he is obsessed with fetching foam balls. I just had to buy him about 10 more balls because his others had been worn down from him caring them with his claws and/or teeth.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't really buy it... Ivan's favourite toys are around the house, like pieces of ribbon or screwed up paper balls. He doesn't normally pay much attention to bought cat toys...
Marilyn has never played in her life!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The best ones are the ones I make myself. Tennis ball, weed eater cord, a strong wand.
Poke a small hole in one spot, then on the other side, cut a small X for the knot in the cord. Fish the cord thru the small hole first, then tie a knot, pull the knot into the ball and it should not be able to be pulled thru the small hole. Ball on a string can be swung around you in the backyard and my cats go nuts. All the jumping and flipping is hilarious.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
A weekly new carton box. Ends up with one kitten inside, one behind it, a kitten to each side and sometimes a kitten on top. Best boxes have peeping holes as well.

Grab the popcorn and watch the spectacle :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mouse toy from walmart. The one endorsed by CFA that has catnip inside. Turbo scratcher is good too. But this is rather scratching post in my case than a toy.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I think it's funny how different they all are. In this thread some of you have mentioned toys that mine won't look at twice. Konstargirls sisters cats don't play with the toys my cats love. Picky animals! I guess they must be cats!

·
Registered
219 Posts
A pair of Nike Lunarglide running shoes.

Everytime I try and go for a run, I have to find where the MonsterCats(tm) have taken them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Best cat toy that I actually paid for is "the cat whip" (a wand w/fleecey rope to wiggle around for the cat to chase). All my cats have loved them. Many of the favorite toys have been "free" toys, like the cap from milk jugs, straws, and paper sacks. Oh, and my son's lego blocks are a favorite of Maggie's. She grabs one in her mouth and takes off to the kitchen where she can bat them around with her paws.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Cat Dancer for Hersh and Little Hersh. Also, soft ball for Hersh. Snowby loves Da Bird without the bird, just the cap! Blizzy and the others all love furry mice to play alone with. Da Bird fascinates them, but they often watch it rather than chase it, unless I am very inventive in where it pokes around.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts