• Frontline

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what you think the best medication is, from personal experience. I have just used those meds 3 times, Taby is just 5 months old but there's an internal garden with some plants and I found some fleas on him. I'll have to use it monthly since I live in Venezuela and it's a tropical weather.

First couple of times I used Advantage, but one time I found two fleas on him after 3 weeks of applying it... I guess it's not like the fleas won't get on him, it just kills them after they bite? I don't know, but I changed to Revolution. I've only used it one time tho, applied it a few days ago.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
My puppy is on Revolution (continued on from the breeder).

Can anyone offer up why the other two have been voted for and not Revolution? I've talked to three different vets who say it's a good product.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah, the med just kill the fleas after they jump on and bite. i use revolution b/c that's what the vet told me. i'm not sure if it's the best but i use it. since mine is always indoors, i think i'll stop giving mine her monthly dose unless i know i'll be taking her on a road trip. so i can save some money :p

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
We - Frosty, Cheerio and Bart use Revolution but I have heard nice things about Frontline as well. I am not familiar with Advantage - that doesn't mean I rule it out. I voted Revolution since this is what we are using and works great for us :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read that the pro's of Revolution are that not only does it kill fleas, but it treats heartworm, hookworm, ear mites and the mites that cause mange. And I think it works differently, it's absorbed and goes straight into the bloodstream whilst the others work differently...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Best flea medication

I voted for Frontline, as it is the ony one I've tried. Apart from a useless product I bought in a supemarket.
The Frontline worked straight away. We applied it the following month, as per the instructions, in order to ensure that the fleas kept away.
But then I read on Catforum about the possibility of fleas building up a resistance if you apply the products too often.
So we didn't carry on applying it monthly. (We last applied it in April, and he's been flea free since then)

seashell

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Re: Best flea medication

seashell said:
I voted for Frontline, as it is the ony one I've tried. Apart from a useless product I bought in a supemarket.
The Frontline worked straight away. We applied it the following month, as per the instructions, in order to ensure that the fleas kept away.
But then I read on Catforum about the possibility of fleas building up a resistance if you apply the products too often.
So we didn't carry on applying it monthly. (We last applied it in April, and he's been flea free since then)

seashell
hmm I didn't know that but it does make sense - I guess I should be catching up with all the information posted here :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts