Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stephen is obsessed with them. She loves to smell them, lick them, stick her nose in them, etc. It drives me up the wall! LOL.

When I first got her I was in college, and she was confined to my room b/c of roommates. She used to drive me nuts finding any piece of plastic and crinkling it while I was trying to sleep. What a little devil! :twisted:

I'm sure she's not the only one with this obsession...so does anyone have any suggestions on the attraction?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have no idea why this is. I have a cat that is the same way. Drives me crazy sometimes. Maybe it's the noise of the bags they like, also, many cats like plastic to lick and chew on, I sure have that problem here. No matter how hard I try to keep bags, ziplocks, and such away from them, they still get a hold of one now and then. One of mine even chews on the bags that contain our loaf bread! They hunt these things out. :x

G

·
0 Posts
I use the plastic Walmart bags as trash can liners in my small trashcans. Sheba has actually pulled the bag out of the can and shredded it on more than one occasion. :roll:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I'm sure it's the crinkly sound, and maybe the texture, too. I have caught one of my two licking a photograph! Paper bags are much safer, of course. I wouldn't be hard for a cat to get strangled on the plastic ones. Do you think the supermarket would give you paper bags if you asked? They make wonderful "hide and seek" toys! :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Here's a funny story... my cat, Jazzer, will go into a plastic bag containing my lunch and pull out a baggie with a bagel in it and trot off with the bag hanging from her mouth and she'll hide it somewhere and lick it to death.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The grocery stores here (well, Dillons at least) always offer paper or plastic. I'm sure you could get some free if you asked.

Also, if you have an Aldi's near you, they sell them for 25 cents each (I think).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think I recall reading somewhere that cats like the sound of plastic and paper bags because it reminds them of critters! :p Although they say you have to be careful because the plastic could suffocate them if they get caught! :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
one of my cats has a thing for plastic bags... one time i looked over at him and was horrified to see about 6 inches of plastic hanging out of his... i guess the plastic had been wrapped around something that smelled like food... my boyfriend chased him around the house for about ten minutes... by this point it had gone from horrifying to hilarious. Eventually he caught the cat and pulled out the plastic... apparently the look on the cat's face while he did that was absolutely priceless. :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
My kitties are scared of the sound plastic bag make. When its on the floor, they love to play with it but once it's on a person's hands, they have this scared look and ready to take flight. Very strange. Do you think that they were tramatized in some way? :(

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cats love bags too. If I have one in my room they start playing with it early in the morning and I'm trying to sleep, praying they will leave the bag alone after a few min. but nope they keep going at it, non stop! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts