Cat Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Lets see, I've eaten reindeer, deer, moose, bear, wild boar, sushi, fermented herring (Swedish tradition - smells awful, taste ok), squid, shark fin. Maybe it's not very exotic, but I liked the land walking things... not much for fish in any way or form. :D

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
My mother loved pickled herring (she was from Scotland), and she made oxtail soup. The soup was good. The sweetest meat is closest to the bone, of course. I did not like pickled herring; I know I tried it, but don't remember the taste.

Lately, I've been hungry for braunshweiger with Swiss cheese and sweet onion on rye bread. I tried it years ago at a deli, and still have it occasionally. This last week I had a sandwich every day. It's a bit like liverwurst, but darker in color. I don't think it's terribly unusual, but many people don't like it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Pickled herring (Sill as we call it) is a traditional food here in Sweden, we eat it each summer (celebrating the mid summer, this weekend actually) and each Christmas.

Most IKEA stores sells Sill from Sweden, if you're curious to try. Eat it with fresh potatoes and knäckebröd (hubby says we swedes are crazy to eat hard bread). :D

Whitefish roe (caviar) is my personal indulgence, served on toast with raw onion and a squeeze of lemon. YUMMY!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think I've ever ate anything that could be called exotic.. I grew up here in the mountains so I've had lots of deer, elk, moose, grouse...

weirdest thing.. hmm maybe when I had this nasty really bitter white wine and olives. The olives was the only thing I could do to cut the taste lol

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Maybe the most exotic I had was Indian or Mediterranean food. I love sushi (cooked), asian foods (of course, Im asian), and no I would never eat frogs legs or pigs blood or chicken feet......I get nightmares looking at those feet!

I used to not be able to eat crawfish b/c it looked scary but I can eat them now *YAY* :lol:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
The peanut butter and banana sandwhich is GREAT.. Add a little honey, it makes it even better!!

I don't think i hav eaten anything that outragious. I am a Vegitarian so, I have eaten all sorts of fruit and stuff, but no wierd animals.. oh well..

·
Registered
52 Posts
i've eaten alot of wierd things actually. but i once had vanilla ice cream on fried chips. the ice cream tasted ok but the chips tasted horrible! i dont advise anyone to do this

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I don't think i hav eaten anything that outragious. I am a Vegitarian so, I have eaten all sorts of fruit and stuff, but no wierd animals.. oh well..

Hey, I'm a vegetarian ,too!!! :D Nice to meet another one :D And I am SO squeamish, even if I wasn't veg, I don't think I would eat anything TOO weird :lol: Some of you guys are really brave!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sushi... squid in stirfry... I think I might have eatten a cat or dog by accident at this chinese food resturant. No joke! They were caught a week later with kitties and puppies in the back! :cry: I knew that chicken didn't taste right...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Jeanie -
I just read your "pickle wrapped in cheese" post. I love dill pickles wrapped in swiss cheese! And I always get crap for it. Glad to find someone else who loves it.

(I got it from my mom and grandma...)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts