Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is white with black fur spots, and in those spots he is dark with silver tabby markings. I can't post a picture, or I could show you what I mean. But by my description, can anyone tell me what his "breed" or pattern is called?

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
To post a picture, you need to use a site like Photobucket.

He sounds adorable.

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts

·
Registered
12,679 Posts

Phenotypically, he is what I would call a Mackerel Tabby and White. Tabby and Whites hold a special place in my heart, I love them.
Genetically, your boy is a black-based cat. He carries at least one Agouti gene that makes his tabby pattern readily visible. His tabby pattern is Broken-Striped Mackerel. He also expresses moderate White Spotting.

...was that the type of info you were looking for? I wouldn't be able to pin-point him to any specific breed, without registration papers documenting his lineage. His markings are fairly common among tabby cats in general. DSH, Domestic Short Hair Brown Tabby would be the 'typical' description at a vet's office.
heidi =^..^=

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did you get his picture up there, Heidi? I was wondering, it wouldn't let me do it from the attachment spot. And thanks for the info, it helped!! That's all I was wondering about that, is what his color pattern was called, like tabby or calico or something. I don't have any papers on him, so I am out of luck there. But thanks again!! :D

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
AlanaHudson said:
How did you get his picture up there, Heidi? I was wondering, it wouldn't let me do it from the attachment spot.
Well, I recognized that the information stream was to a pic at PhotoBucket. Using the URL (Universal Resource Locator) and putting the image tags around your PhotoBucket URL will make the image show up.
Image Tags tell the computer it is looking for an image, the URL tells the computer where to find it, the '.jpg' or '.gif' tells the computer what kind of image it is and the closing image tag "[/" tells the computer that is the end of the picture-searching information.
...I've never used the attachment function here at CF so I have no idea how that works, though I know it has been inoperational for almost 2yrs.

But I also know that if I insert "th_" in a particular place in the URL information stream and surround it with Image Tags, it will make the photo show up as a 'thumbnail' size photo.
[ IMG ] http: //img.photobucket.com /albums /v618 /78SilvAnniv /my%20kitties /th_STplaya .jpg [/ IMG ]

PhotoBucket makes it easy to share pictures. In your folders you view thumbnail size pics of your images and as you scroll over each pic, a list of 4 option appear underneath the image. Select the one for "IMG Code" (it automatically applies the IMG tags) just left-click to highlight the text and right-click to copy ... then paste in your reply box at the forums.

He reminds me of our Pretty, Shasta and Toby(w/ Shasta):

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
You are welcome!
...however, your picture is too large for this forum and you should try to re-size it.
I *thought* PB had an option to select a pre-determined size when uploading and sharing our
photos. Let me go look ... BRB.
Okay, I'm back!

I googled: "How to resize images at PhotoBucket?"
http://www.homebizwomen.com/change-image-size.html
Photobucket.com allows you to resize images to predetermined measurements, as well as
host photos, create slide shows and more. You’ll need to register for an account with them to use
these services. They offer paid accounts, but you only need the free account to change image size.

You will find a box on photobucket’s main page that allows you to upload your images. You simply hit
the browse button, look through the pictures stored on your computer, and hit upload once you have
selected the picture you are looking for. This picture will be uploaded to your album.

When you are viewing your album, you can click on the image you want to alter. This will open a new
screen with a large view of your image and several icons, such as ‘rotate’, ‘send to email’, and ‘resize’.

The resizing option has several preset sizes, such as “avatar” size to use on message boards as well as
a “website” size that you can place on your website.

Just choose which size you would like, hit “ok” and your image will be resized. Congratulations, you now
know how to change the image size of your photos and graphics!
I opened one of my own photos in PB. When I ran my cursor over it, there was an "option bar" that appeared at the top of the photo. Clicking Edit -> Resize, or just clicking Resize, takes you to options for resizing the image. I didn't want to resize any of mine, so I haven't tried the options, but you could go in and fiddle around with your image and see if you could get it closer to 640x424 pixels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He definitely is sitting in a basket, he LOVES them!! Even if it is too small, he will try to fit in them for a good few minutes or more! It's the same way with boxes. Maybe he likes being in an enclosed space or something. You never know, cats are pretty crazy!!
I am going to try to get a better picture to show Gigi, she is the smallest of the three, but she is the princess of the group! =]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts