Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Las Vegas thread made me think about this. My best vacation so far has been a train ride across the US, stopping at the Grand Canyon, Disneyland-for several days, and a quick tour of San Francisco-a beautiful city!

We came back the northern route, so we saw much of the country. (I saw more, because I was awake for four days--couldn't sleep on the train!) During the trip back across the Rockies, the scenery was unbelievable, and the Southwest was something out of a western movie. Wonderful. The Grand Canyon is beyond description--unbelievable, awe-inspiring, immense. There are no adequate words.

If I could pick an ideal vacation now, and could afford it, I'd go by way of the Queen Mary ll to the British Isles. I'd take a side trip to Rome, too! Where would you go? What's your best vacation so far?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I think the best vacation I've had was one I went on when I was ten. My parents took my brothers and sisters and me to Washington, D.C. for one week and then to Orlando for another week and then drove down the keys for a third week. We got to visit the Smithsonian museums, go to Disneyworld, Seaworld, go snorkeling in the Gulf of Mexico...it was awesome!

I think my ideal vacation now would be to visit my good friend in Ireland and meet her new husband. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I really enjoyed my holiday in Kefalonia last summer. That was the first time I'd been to Greece - but I don't think it'll be my last! The island has some really unusual natural features, like an underground saltwater lake. The lake was inside a cave, but the cave ceiling had partly collapsed in a earthquake in the 1950s, leaving a hole through which the sunlight shone. It was beautiful. I also saw some of the locations where Captain Corelli's Mandolin was filmed.
In the future I'd love to visit Venice. And I've always wanted to spend a Christmas in New York.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have never been outside the UK ))) My dream trip would be to NYC or LA, however upon travelling up to the north of scotland on the train you pass throught the most amazing countryside ever, when the train gets to the top of the hills, you can see the cloud covering the hills, once we saw a stag standing not 10 feet from the railway as proud as can be it was a magnificent sight

·
Registered
917 Posts
my best vacation so far was hawaii... except for when we went cliff jumping and i landed on my butt from a 35 foot fall. other than that, hawaii really is a paradise.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I like vacations that feature breathtaking scenary.

My favorite city to vacation in is Boston... if I get stuck living in a big city someday, I hope it's there. Everything about it was great; the history, the sports fans, the "big dig", the ocean...

This sounds funny, but the farthest west I've ever been is Chicago. (maybe 200 miles southwest of me...) I've covered the Eastern half of the country pretty thoroughly. I've been as far northeast as New Hampshire and as far south as Atlanta.

My two favorite vacations were when I climbed Mt. Washington in New Hampshire and when we stayed at a mountain chalet just outside of Gatlinburg, Tennessee.

Nine times out of ten, the best vacation to me is to spend some time at our cottage in northern Michigan. It's a two minute walk from Lake Michigan, a four minute walk from a small fishing lake, 20 golf courses within 30 miles, lots of old roads to beat up your car on... to me, that is paradise. Our cottage is down this hill somewhere in the trees in this picture

Sorry to go on and on about it... but right now I have the winter time blues. :)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That certainly looks like "God's country." I couldn't resist looking at the other photographs. They are so beautiful. You must be a nature lover too!

I had never been west of Chicago either, until my niece and I took that train trip across the country. I have not seen the deep South or the Northwest at all. I believe I have been in every state in New England. I would love to see Yellowstone and Yosemite National Parks some day.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Jeanie, it's just the greatest place. You're right, I love the nature there.

Some of my best memories was when I used to walk my dog through the woods and into this natural field. I'd unleash him, and toss a tennis ball around for some of the best games of fetch.

·
Registered
222 Posts
New-York & Boston, Mass.. Definately. But next time ya'll go on vacation, go to Texas!! It's beuatiful, espesialy during the Fall. It's not too hot, but not too cold. I think the best part of Texas would be in Round Rock. It is SOOOOOOOO beuatiful during Fall!!! I don't live there, but my Aunt did. We probably won't go there anymore because she died recently. :cry: She was 96. I'm tellin', ya', you gotta visit this place!! The Lone Star State is the best vacation spot, during Fall & Spring!!(winter is too cold in most of the state, & Summer's too hot anywhere in the state)

·
Registered
617 Posts
-Hollywood [the CA. 1] or Scottsdale, Arizona [i wanna meet David Spade so bad!! and his mom lives in Scottsdale]
-Napanee, Ontario, Canada [i wanna meet Avril Lavigne]
-Germany [1 of my pen pals lives there, plus it would be cool to go to Amsterdam]
-Sweden [1 of my pen pals lives there]
-Austailia
-Enlgand
-Boston
-New York
-Las Vegas
-Seattle

·
Registered
492 Posts
My favorite vacation ever was in New York City.

My ideal vacation would be in New York City.

I've been there in the spring and summer, and I've been there when it's been very very cold, but I haven't been there when it's been snowy yet, and I would love to walk through Central Park and across the Brooklyn Bridge in the snow.

I'd also love to visit Ireland and India.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sadly I've been no-where either.

The farthest away I've been (when 10 or under) is to Toronto, or Boston. So nowhere different looking.

The places I'd like to go is extensive. I would love to go to Europe, but would have to go in several trips because I'd wear myself out wanting to see everything (as there are so many things so close). Any big landmark I would love to see, as well as visit the Louvre. German and Swisserland I find extremely beautiful scenery wise.

One thing I really want to do is tour car factories in Europe (watch my spelling) - Stuttgart, Modena, Bologna, Munich... :D

But I think what would be easiest would be Cuba or Mexico right now - not as much I would want to see, other the taking in local atmosphere, and the Mayan temples.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I want to go to NYC so bad I can't stand it! I want to move there. I am completely in love with the excitement of the theatre, fashion, the beautiful towering buildings, etc...... I know we have theatre here, but I'm sure it's just not the same.

I've driven and flown to Texas--flying was soooo much better. I've been to Destin Beach, Florida and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (3 times). I loved each place and would definitely go back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ever since i was little I've dreamed of going to Disney World. One day my dad suprised me and told me we were off there. It was amazing, the people, the rides, the food everything. I'm hoping to move to the US when I'm older and Disney World is definitly where I'm going to take my kids! It's a once in a lifetime trip for most people. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
My best vacation(s), since I have been there twice, had to be Virginia Beach... It is so beautiful there.

If I'm dreaming, I would go to see the old castles of Scotland.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts