• Either way is fine with me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what your choice is on this issue. As insignificant as it first sounded to me apparently there have been a whole lot of theories of discussions on what the correct way to hang the toilet paper is and why it is so important to some of us..at least.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I prefer it under because it seems to come down easier and faster. Whilst if it's over I would have to roll it for a while in order to see where the end of it is..not to mention that it sometimes gets stuck ..like if it were glued to the body of the roll. I don't like the touch of toilet paper so I guess I want to touch it as little as possible (although I used to eat it when I was little :lol:)
We have lived with our in-laws for a while and I have noticed that me and my mother-in-law would actually come behind the other (not on purpose) and change the position according to our liking. She likes it over. I will move out soon and although she is very dear to me if the toilet paper ends with me I won't put it on because I know she will change its postion. So I will leave it on the marble table available for her to put it on to her liking :) . It is a funny subconscious war that we only realized it's been going on only a little while ago. We laughed at it and respect each other's preference. Thank goodness there is not just one bathroom in the house 8)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But I don't like it over :cry: ..just joking ..my answer why is above :D
Thank you for your input, Jessica

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
But I don't like it over ..just joking ..my answer why is above
Thank you for your input, Jessica
LOL, we were posting at the same time. I started typing my reply before yours showed up. No offense meant! Just stating that I'm definately an over person.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Over of course! Seems so wasteful the other way. My son would be dragging it out for days just for the fun of it if it were under. It would be on the floor all the time, I tell ya!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Over. Because it's easier to "wrap" the TP around your hand. If it's under, you have to pull it, tear it off, and then fold it.

So over because I'm efficient (or lazy, if you prefer) :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
UNDER UNDER UNDER! lol. sorry for the shouting. I'm really adimant about this! It's under!!! Although, ever since moving into my new house and redecorating the bathroom... we never got around to hanging the toilet paper holder back up... so i't usually sitting freestyle ont he counter... which is good too ;)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Over, for several reasons:

1. The print is made to be on the top.

2. It's easier to rip off if you have a plate hanging over it.

3. It doesn't get stuck as easy.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
OH MY! I can't believe how you "OVER" people think the way you do!
You wanta meet out in the alley about this? I'll take you all on!

OK, I'll be good...as soon as these people put their toilet paper up right--which is under, of course!. :) Why? Because it rolls better, and it looks better. I don't use prints any more, because the print is on the wrong side. :(

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hmm...this is one of the few things where I really don't care either way. Lately it has been under because Stormy got in a habit of clawing it and it is harder for her to roll it out that way.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Over, over, over, over! I hate having to hold the roll if it is under at the tear off time because if you jerk it while it is under then it just keeps unraveling. I always change it if my husband puts it on under. he just puts it on and doesn't put any thought into it what-so-ever. He does not care which way it is. Plus you can't reach it as well if it is under.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Okay, I honestly had to get up and check how mine hangs, but it'ssitting under, so that's what I'll say I prefer. Really, though, what does it matter. If you sit down to a roll with some on it, isn't that what's really important 8O

I have to ask, though, why bother buying printed stuff, or what's the big deal about the print showing? Have you really ever sat down on the throne only to comment "What a nice print on that paper - I wonder where I can get some"? :wink:

**edit - spelling mistakes :oops: **

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
:D I used to buy printed paper because it looked nicer. However, the whole over/under thing is just an idiosyncracy some of us have. I think it might even be a tiny touch of OCD, just enough to make life interesting. I always put my left shoe on first, and don't feel right if I start to put the right one on first--just acquired habits.

edit/sp

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm an over gal...though I really don't care which way it is. Why would it matter...it's just going down the drain :wink:

I buy whichever toilet paper is on sale...as long as it is NOT 1-ply...god I HATE those :roll:

Abhay

1 - 20 of 61 Posts