Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the weirdest /funniest thing your cat(s) does???

Chuckie likes to attack from the rear!!!
When I'm least expecting it and have no idea he is even near me he sneaks up and smacks me on the rear with both paws and claws out!! :shock:
It doesn't really hurt but it always gives me a start.
One time my brother had on loose jogging pants and Chucky "got" him and pulled his pants down!! :lol:

And if I don't feed Spyder when he wants to eat he will open the cabinet with the cans of catfood in it and start knocking all of the cans out onto the floor, some mornings I come down and find catfood cans scattered all over the kitchen floor!!! :lol:

Anyone else have silly cats?? : : :D

Edited: because I can't spell!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Moby likes to attack your legs from behind at night. When he wants to, the only way to avoid it is to walk backwards. :)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Punky stopped attacking my legs shortly after Elly arrived. :?

Elly is a goofball when it comes to fleece, she rubs her nose and face in it, kneeds it like dough, there's always a wet spot on the blanket where he nose was... it's very bizarre.

Punky makes this weird noise, I can't even describe. She does it when she looks curious about what you're doing and it sounds very inquisitive. I wish I could record it sometime, lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I'm playing with the computer, my cat would beg for attention and I would ignore it. It then come up to me jump very high and swat my shoulders with her paws and runs a little and stops to see if I notice her. If I follow her, she would run some more and lead me to her room with her favorite fish toy. She sometimes act really cute infront of me waiting for me to pat her because she knows I want to. Then the moment I pet her, she would run back to her room waiting by her fish toy. She have so many different strategies for luring me to play with her interactive fish toy. After I play with her and about to leave the room. She would claw my pants and try to drag me back in the room.

·
Registered
52 Posts
missy attacks from the behind too, also when she does attack she wiggles her bum in the air and then jumps at ya :lol:
also, if she gets scared or feels threatened, her tail puffs up and so does the fur on her back :p it is soooooooo gorgeous. ill try and get a pic one day so u can understand it abit more lol

take care
keep the stories coming :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
haha

mine do so many weird things, its hard to pick one particular action :lol:

my friends and i joke that lint is adolf hitler reincarnated because he salutes me in the nazi fashion when he greets me. i'll be sitting in my chair and he will put one paw on my leg and thrust the other in the air and hold it there :lol:

reeko won't walk through a doorway, he has to skitter through them.

when i'm sleeping and sick or distressed, woody (who always sleeps on my pillow) will periodically paw or headbutt me just to make sure i'm ok :shock:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Sabby doesn't lay down, he topples over. He lets out an "oof" when he does it, too.

He also has recently gotten into the habit of rolling around on his back and licking his paws at the same time. There's a picture in the photo gallery of him doing that. Very bizarre.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Marijun, I want to see a pic of your Nazi cat. That is crazy! :lol:

Frodo is crazy about ice cubes. He also likes to show off and do spinning jumps to get your attention. He also makes that inquisitive trilling sound that someone else mentioned; he and his sister Lemur both do it. It makes me think of a raccoon for some reason.

Lemur gets so happy when she cuddles up with me at night that she drools. It's gross and cute. She also will wave her paw in the air and howl when I'm cooking macaroni.

Xander is in love with our greyhound and constantly runs up to her, meowing like a kitten and headbutting her.

Daisy is mean as a snake!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well, my Lucky is a dog-cat, and she plays fetch. She also steals pennies and chapstick out of my purse if I leave it on the ground. And Lucky likes to be carried like a baby being burped, tossed over one shoulder.

Keira has a plastic bag that she drags around, and it's her blanket. When she wants to be petted, she runs over to the bag and wiggles all over it.

And they both steal the bubbles from my bubble baths! They take great big pawfuls and toss them all over the bathroom. Silly girls!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would have to say that Luxy weirdest thing that she does would be her head bumps when she comes down the basement steps. She LOVES to lightly bump her head on things but when it comes to the basemt step edge, that's her all time fave.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When i whistle, or play a high pitched ring tone on my phone, my cat likes to come up to me and roll. She rubs her nose all over my feet. Ive been on my keyboard before, and if i make it high pitched she starts meowing and rolling. When i go to get something out of the fridge, she jumps up onto the table and pokes her paw into the crack of the fridge. She always thinks im going to give her some ham or something. Another thing, is she likes to to sit by the fire with her paws like this
and she likes to rest her head on it too. She also likes to run round the house meowing and jumping on the sofa, going under the cushions. :lol:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
So funny stories! :)

Dunga and Yoda like to catch feet when they are moving under the bed sheet. I like to play with them like that. I move my feet and they are catching them. Me & my hubby have thick blanket and I don't feel any pain when they jump on the feet.

My brother in law and his wife slept over at our place and they had very thin blanket. In the morning they told us that the cats would jump on their feet and of course, they felt pain. They didn't know what to do and they realized the only thing is not to move the legs at all. So, they were trying the whole night not to move the legs. Can you imagine it? Me & my hubby were laughing so hard!

Dunga does weird noises too. I never knew cats can do such strange noises!!! She makes me laugh.

They don't like when we are on the computer. They would walk on the table around the computer (we have 2 laptops) and then walk on the keyboard. Sometimes they walk where the wires are and once they unplugged the internet wire while my hubby was playing internet game! He didn't know what happened to the connection. Later he found out Dunga unplugged it by mistake.

:D

·
Registered
866 Posts
Another odd thing Moby does is if I stand next to the wall at the entrance to the living room he'll meow continuously at me. Like - if I'm in another room and go out into the hall just to glance at the tv in the living room (no I'm only sorta half in the room). He'll meow at me until I come fully in the room. Must think I'm trying to hide or something.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another thing that both Spyder and Crsytal like to do is play peek a boo!!!
If they see you peeking around a corner (like from the dining room into the living room) and hide behind the wall real fast and repeat it a couple more times they make this brrrping sound and come charging and try to catch you before your poke your head around again!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Silly Kitty

Tierney, we think is part Kangeroo, as he likes to hop when he is excited.

He also ALWAYS sleeps under the covers. He also does back flips when playing with one of his toys.

He's so funny...;)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I think my cats constantly do funny things -- so I probably shouldn't even post in here. I might get carried away. I'll risk it.

Mia hugs everything. If she lays under a chair or next to her scratching post, she's always hugging it. And she won't let go! She also carries around the bathtub plug as if she's just killed a prize mouse.

Jack plays mexican jumping bean. He jumps about 4 feet straight in the air over and over and over again to try to catch toys. He also tries to eat the computer screen a lot.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts