Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I took in a pregnant stray cat about 2 months ago. I just gave her flea treatment about a month ago (revolution, so it’s safe for nursing cats) her kittens are about 3 weeks old now. This on her face started to show up about 3 days ago and it’s getting worse every day. What is it?!? I am getting her to the vet tomorrow. Day 1 I thought she got cut because it was smaller and leaky. I put Neosporin on it and it was much worse yesterday. We have an appointment at noon tomorrow. I just don’t know if I can do anything in the meantime?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
From the picture, it looks to me like a nasty abcess. I'm glad you're taking her to the vet. This looks swollen and if it's an abcess it has pus in it which must drain out, so the wound must be opened.

Please let us know what the vet says.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree. Get her to the vet. Does look like an abscess. It could be caused by a grub worm. They burrow under the skin and cause an abscess. It can be removed and treated with antibiotics and then she should recover well. She may have a scar or some color change, but if that’s what it is, it’s very treatable.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Hello Ftgb40
Just following up on your girl. How is she doing after her vet visit?

Thanks
Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts