Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
470 Posts
You'd scoop up a cat you don't know that attacks gators? You might be next! ;)

Ever seen the cat that took on a bear?

There is a fine line between fearlessness and stupidity though, heh!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Those people are absolute fools. Obviously those gators are fed regularly other wise those cats and that little boy would of been their next meal.

Ive seen gator swim and run up on shore at a very fast speed. So many foolish Floridian, who live by lakes, have left their dogs in their back yards only to find them missing.

·
Banned
470 Posts
It sucks that so many people do feed alligators, as it removes their natural fear of humans. :(

It IS against the law too.

Used to live in Florida, and from everything I was told though, gators that you can plainly see are really not a threat unless guarding a nest or seriously harassed (another law people seem to ignore, throwing rocks at these creatures as if thats not animal cruelty). Just like sharks, they are demonized by the media, even though the number of deaths from gator attack in the last decade is almost non-existent and was usually due to gross stupidity.

They seem to be hardwired to only attack when they think they are ambushing, so in murky waters or by the waters edge while they are stealthy submarines are dangerous, as otherwise its probably a waste of energy and risk of injury to themselves.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Just saw that posted on another (non-cat) board. I did not enjoy it. I can only *hope* that the people involved and the ones shooting the vid knew the cat was in no real danger....but that may be a stretch.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I can't see the video, some stupid ad keeps playing over and over.

From what I see you've all said about the video, yeah those people are stupid.

·
Registered
858 Posts
What a pack of nimrods. You can see the lower half of a guy with his back to the croc AND his kid is really close plus some moron is just standing there videoing the whole thing. This is infuriating to me as well.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
What I don't understand is what would these people have done if the gator ate the cat? Would they have put it up on youtube then? What would they have said to their child who was watching? People infuriate me.
sadly, the people behind the camera were probably hoping something like that would happen.

·
Banned
470 Posts
What I don't understand is what would these people have done if the gator ate the cat? Would they have put it up on youtube then? What would they have said to their child who was watching?
Don't think anyone here knows the uploader well enough to comment on hypothetical situations.

Just my opinion though, but let us not forget that predators eating animals is seen every day on discovery channel and the like, and its not rated NC17. Kids watch it.

Whether a cat is cuter than a baby impala or ostrich taken down by a cheetah or baby seal gobbled up by a killer whale or polar bear is subjective, and doesn't really change that meat eaters eat meat. If anything it would teach a kid to respect nature and NOT mess with it repeatedly for no reason like the cat was doing or else you might be bitten.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts