Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is my FORECASTER:

1) Weather forecaster: Whenever its cloudy, I know he hides under the sofa. But even if it isn't cloudy (sudden downpour), and if I see him belly crawl and hiding under the sofa, I know its gonna rain and true enough, within minutes there was a sudden downpour.

2) Visitor forecaster: Each time he stiffens and listen, even before the door bell rings, I know I can expect a visitor. I tried listening too whenever he stiffens to listen, for any sign of someone at the door, I don't hear a thing, but within seconds, the door bell rings.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Agree with all....Mocha was everything to me...

Hopefully now she is a guardian cat-angel to Luna and Mystik as they grow with their mommies....and when they come home. (By the sounds of it...they will need a LOT of guidance from her to be "good girls"!)

·
Registered
245 Posts
They are the reason I haven't completely snapped from stress and been committed! :devil
Hubby is a contractor and I do a lot of work with him and do the books and advertising.

Needless to say, a person that doesn't have a high opinion when it comes to us two legged creatures to begin with (me), is stuck dealing with people on a daily bases, things tend to light my fuse and it really helps that I can grab a cat and take a deep breath! That's all it takes for me (most times, anyway)!

But MowMow said it best - they are everything to me! Loves my puttertatters! :cool:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Agree with Mow Mow.
I can have had a tough or rubbish day at work, but the moment I open the door and the girls are sitting waiting and run up to welcome me all the stress is gone.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Exercize partner - Choo is always right by me with her wand toy in her mouth waiting for me to get up and play. If I'm on the computer too long she'll jump up and drop it in my lap and give me a hard stare. When I come home after a long day and want to be lazy she is there in the hall waiting with her toy.

Meditation guide- she is so peaceful when she's sleeping on me and purring that I feel serene like all the world's ills have been cured.

My alarm clock- self-explanatory!

She is my Loki- playing tricks on my by sneaking up and tapping me multiple times in rapid succession on my lower back through the space between the rungs on my chair. She seems to prefer to wait until I'm totally engrossed in reading so I leap higher.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Visitor screener. somehow Robin knows when someone's going to come knocking. He'll perk up and start watching the door. And he knows what kind of visit is in the works. If he's purring, it's cool. If he has a disgusted look, I've been warned in advance. And if he looks alarmed, I know I'd better be careful about opening the door. And he's never wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do not think my house without a cat.
Pet it removes the stress and struggle of work
a cat fills your life even when you are alone.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Mine are my Sanity Keepers!
Don't know what I'd do without all those little feet running around and the purr's, and the snuggles and the...
Well you guys get the picture!! :p:D

·
Registered
719 Posts
Here's a slightly different perspective: other than being my constant furry companions (and sometimes-annoying cause of frustration and sleep-deprivation), my cats help me in other important ways:

1. Act as feline models for my photography hobby. They may not always be in a modelling mood, but I'm flexible and work around their schedule. It's nice having an interesting subject available to photograph at any given moment.

2. Serve as a reminder to take occasional breaks, and not get to caught up in any one thing for too long. Whether it's playing an addictive video game for hours on end and losing track of time, or excessive binge-watching of TV shows, my cats won't stand to be ignored indefinitely when I'm home. I'm forced to pay attention to them, and by extension, it helps me to get a better handle of the important things I need to get done for the day.

3. Serve as an outlet for the infrequent-yet-exciting moments when I'm inspired to undertake small, DIY projects. I'm more motivated to think of what little improvements I can make for my cats, rather than myself. The next 'big idea' that just occurred to me is to get rid of the existing cat condo, and replace it with a customized design using more products from IKEA. It'll hopefully fit well with the existing (IKEA) catwalk, give their room a more modern, airy, and less cluttered look (stay tuned!).

·
Registered
454 Posts
My Moosey is like my child. She is a spoiled brat. She is my everything. When I was going through a tough time, she was there. When she was going through a tough time, I was there. She sleeps with me/on me.

I never thought I would love anything as much as I love her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts