Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What toy or kind of toy does your cat like best?

Mammers loves pom-poms, the small ones made of yarn. He likes paper balls and tinfoil balls somewhat, but a yarn pom-pom ball will make him run around the place like a fool playing with it. Mammers is scared of bells, and a loud bell toy that I bought him made him run and hide behind the TV.

Back home, Sushi loves small tinfoil balls, Bo likes to play with small stones (he picks them up/gets them stuck in his paws and then shakes them out to chase them), and Skeezer likes tinfoil balls and small fuzzy mice.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Assumpta likes to play with coins, actually. She'll chase a rolling quarter all over the house, and is inordinately proud of herself when she chases it to a standstill. I used to worry about her swallowing one, but she has no interest in anything other than chasing it and making it fall down. :? Same with mice...as soon as it stops wiggling, she gets bored.

She likes her mouse-on-a-string toy, but she'll only hunt on the ground, bird-type games don't interest her (though she loves to hunt moths). She has catnip pillows all over the house, and often falls asleep with her head on one.

In general, she doesn't much like "cat toys," and prefers to play with things like crumpled-up bits of paper that she fishes out of my office trash can. Oh, and she likes to play with her brush...so I always use two; when she grabs one out of my hands, I let her keep it and continue brushing with the other, then swap again when she grabs the second brush (it's a pain, but she HATES being brushed, so whatever it takes :roll: )

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Both Sam and Suzy are crazy about their small toy mice with a rattle in them. We bougt like a billion of them since they are small and often disappear under our furniture. Then we dig them out once a week and stock up again.

Just ordered some toy on a stick with feathers, going to see if they like that too, so I get to play as well. Even if they also like to play fetch it's more fun to actually be with them while playing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm almost paranoid that something will happen to my cat, so I'd probably have a heart attack if I saw him playing with coins 8O

Good to know your kitty doesn't want to try eating them, though!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I freaked the first time I saw her doing it (I am queen paranoid cat owner), but she's been so good that I don't worry much anymore. She almost never chews on or plays with dangerous things (like elastic bands or electrical cords).

·
Registered
282 Posts
For Keira it is coins, tape and paper. She will rip pieces of paper off of notebooks or mail and run around, tossing them in the air and catching them. She also loves to chase her tail and she has one particular shiny fuzzy ball she adores. I just ordered her a laser pointer because she goes nuts whenever she sees spots of light or shadow on the walls.

Lucky loves noodley things. She pulled some little plastic springy things off of a toy and those are her very favorite things in the world. Second are these:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Sabby's favorite toy is a pen tether. You usually see them holding the pens to the counter at your local bank. A co-worker of mine broke it off one day and I took it home. He heard it rattling and fell in love with it.

Since I lost the pen tether his favorite toy is a small burlap bag filled with catip. He'll dig through all his other toys to find it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My cat has every cool toy on the market and his favorite thing to play with is a.............long red slurpee straw. :lol:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
"A long red slurpee straw"
:lol:
That made me laugh.
Franny has a spotted stuffed squirrel that is off limits to everyone else.
Addison is obsessed with those tiny little gray mice that have what appears to be REAL fur on them (so gross!).

·
Registered
55 Posts
One of my cats would give his paw for milk rings (those plastic rings)
and the other one is madly in love with his yellow ducky and
even plays fetch with it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My cats prefer an old bootlace or other big string (dragged or slung around by me) over anything else. Xander especially is completely addicted and will go sit by the bootlace several times daily and yowl.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Cleveland is boxes. Anything in a ox automatically belongs to him. I got chocolate cashew nuts as part of my birthday pressie from Pete and the moment I opened the box Cleveland pawed the chocs out (thankfully in a packet) and claimed the box. I think this picture does captures his daft nature exactly.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
HAHA great picture, Misty!

I made these cat toys out of denim and filled them with catnip and the cats all love them - they can't rip it apart and spill the catnip all over, so they just rub their faces on it and slobber all over it... eww.

I also made Sigma a toy with a coat-hanger and I tied long strips of material to the end of it, so when you swing it around, it looks like a bird. He loves it.

And Psi's absolute favorite is the laser-pen.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Spaz - laser pen..completely obsessed with it

Keeter - yarn...she's older so doesn't play as often, but yarn gets her swatting and playing pretty good for her age. :) As long as we bring it to her and she doesn't have to move to play with it, she's happy!

G

·
0 Posts
My kitties (and dogs) love the laser pointer. Their second favorite toy is similar to a cat dancer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts