Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you met or had any connection with someone who is famous?

My great, great, great, great (?) uncle, Mr. Macadam, was the inventor of the black top road! ( My mother was born in Scotland.) One of these days I'm going to find out how many generations separate us. Hey Uncle Mac, why didn't you make your road easier to see on a dark, rainy night?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I grew up in a National Park in Canada that is frequented by famous people every year. My dad drove Michael Moore (the documentarian movie maker guy) last year on his bus and he has met Arnold Schwartzeneggggggggger, Eugene Levy, John Candy...many others..(there is a huge teevee festival in Banff every year and my dad drives busses for it). Me though, my proudest moment was going up the chairlift with Macgiver haha. Oh, I also bowled with the Goo Goo Dolls when they were in Banff in 1996 doing "Snowjob" for MuchMusic (a Canadian music channel like MTV). We also used to have dinner with the Austrian Ski Team every year.

tanyuh

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before my aunt and uncle came here from Scotland, they were good friends with Rex Harrison and his (then) wife, Lili Palmer. He played Professor Higgins in the Audrey Hepburn version of My Fair Lady, and he was Doctor Doolittle in the original version.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I once had a t-shirt that was signed by Dickey Barrett of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones..... Yep that's my great famous person story. :roll: :lol:

Might I also note that Richardey is not really his name. LOL

·
Registered
26 Posts
:lol: Well every year my parents used to take us to NYC to see the Rockettes and view the sites - one time when I got off the elevator of the Empire State Building I ran right into Dan Blocker - literally.
*he played Hoss on the old TV show Bonanza* - I was about 8 yrs old. I have met Matilta Cuomo the ex-govenor's wife at some conferences .........
that is it I guess :?:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had a great great great grandfather that was a Duke of Rome. A few celebrities have houses in my town that I spot out once in a blue moon. Theres probably a buinch of them but I wouldn't recongnize them unless they were all done up. They usually look like their going out for a jog.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Meh - I have no famous connections. The only one I could really call "famous" is Joel Plaskett - he's a singer from Halifax. Pretty well the next up and coming one. He was the lead singer for Thrust Hermit a while back. I've talked to him a couple times - some of my friends and friends with him. Any way he's awesome and I recommend his music.

And I sold a couple paintings to John McDermitt when I was 17. He's like in Irish Tenor, you see infomercials for him once and a while on TV.

I don' think there's anyone else. Halifax is usually flooded with celebrities cause a lot of movies are filmed here. Last couple years has seen Judy Dench, Kevin Spacey and Julianne Moore (Shipping News) and Harrison Ford for K-19. Actually - it's funny cause in the opening of that movie they're leaving "Russia" and it's just the boatyards in Halifax. I see them every morning across the harbour (I live in Dartmouth - across the harbout from Halifax). And you can actually see Canadian warships docked in the movie - hahaha. Sadly I've never seen anyone famous. Oh - Madonna's yagcht is in the harbour a lot in summer - she has a summer retreat somewhere near (as does Rosie O'Donnell - they all are in this same secluded area along the coast).

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't have any famous connections. There were rumours that a big house quite near to me had been bought by Madonna... but I've never bumped into her at the shops so I'm guessing they were only rumours.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dolly Pardon was at the antique store down the road from where I live, but they wouldn't let anyone in the store while she was there....

oh well....she's fake anyway. No, I'm not talking about her herself, I'm talking about

*Hair
*boobs
*cheek bones
*eyelashes....

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Larry King interviewed Dolly Parton last week. She admitted to every type of plastic surgery necessary to maintain her image. She said she is a cartoon type character. That is what is expected of her, because that is how she became famous. Compared to other stars who've had a lot of plastic surgery, Michael Jackson, for instance, she looks good. The only extreme surgery that is really obvious is the breast implants. She's too tiny to be that large in the bust. She said she wears 5 inch high heels! Few of us could walk in those! :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Talking of plastic surgery, there's that woman, Cindy Jackson, who's had loads of operations - I can't remember how many - and she also owns the world's most expensive cat. It's a Bengal, very cute. But £6000? :shock:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isn't that the truth, Jessica? I'd take a few years off my face if I had the money! Joan Rivers admits everything she's done too. She's attractive, but looks a bit too tight, I think.

Majicou, is she the one they call Cat Woman? She looks grotesque. What a shame! And Michael Jackson? He was a cute little boy. His surgery is beyond correction, according to some plastice surgeons who discussed it on TV.

There's also a girl who wants to look just like Barbie. She's had multiple surgeries.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't know if she's called the Cat Woman. No, she's not that person who wanted to make themselves look like a cat. She just looks like a normal person. But there is that man who tried to make himself a tiger. That's just STRANGE.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We have a guy in the States who calls himself Lizard Man. He got his tongue split, and has tatoos all over his body. He says he likes the look; I think he likes the money! I wouldn't make that kind of sacrifice for money. :?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've seen lizard man on Ripley's! He's really freaky looking! I wouldn't wanna split my tongue and have all those ugly tattoos 4 nuffin!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts