Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
The Grinch, Rudolph, The Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

The Christmas Story I had not seen until last year. :shock: And I loved. Apparently my parents didn't like that movie or something?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Rudolf and Frosty are both so cute. :)
My favorite movie is A Christmas Carol, Ebenezer Scrooge and ghosts of Christmas past, present and future.. I think that is what it is called. Lots of different versions of that one, but I really like that story. I like the Christmas Story too, Lilly. I had never seem it until a few years ago. I could never understand what my husband and his family were talking about all these years. It is very funny!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Chritmas Carol is great. There are lots of versions. Bean, I just watched National Lampoon's Chritmas Vacation. I've seen it so often, but it's funny every time! You have to love that squirrel! :lol: But poor Chevy Chase. He really tried....well, maybe a bit too much!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
A Christmas Story, I could watch it over and over and over again. It's a Wonderful Life is a classic. I've never been a huge fan of a Miracle on 34th Street.

My favorite cartoon is Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I used to love the Garfield Christmas special as a kid. It was so nice to see Garfield and Odie be so sweet to each other!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Favourite Christmas TV program

I like the Raymond Briggs cartoon 'The Snowman' - do you get that in the US? The music always brings a tear to my eye.

Seashell

·
Registered
423 Posts
my favorites are "a christmas story" i always watch the marathon on TNT on christmas eve. and i also like "the nightmare before christmas" but i think that qualifies as both a halloween and christmas movie :)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
seashell, I've never seen The Snowman. I wish I could! The TV networks should share the classic Christmas programs. ( You know, we took the Trading Spaces idea from Changing Rooms--the producers paid for the producers' permission, of course.)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
This may sound odd, but it's one I remember as a child and haven't seen in eons, it was called "Nestor the long eared Christmas donkey". All I really remeber about it is that it made me cry for days.

I just did a search before I posted this to make sure my memory was correct and Amazon has it on VHS real cheap! Gotta love teh internet!!

Merry Christmas to all Cat people!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
catnip said:
This may sound odd, but it's one I remember as a child and haven't seen in eons, it was called "Nestor the long eared Christmas donkey". All I really remeber about it is that it made me cry for days.
I remember that one! I only saw it once as a kid. Doesn't the little donkey's mother die at the beginning? I just remember it being soo sad, I could not stop crying either. :cry:

·
Registered
917 Posts
my all-time favorite christmas movie is without doubt "the nightmare before christmas."

unless edward scissorhands counts, then it's a toss-up. i love tim burton.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone remember the story (read aloud -tapes, etc.) of The Littlest Angel? It was about a little angel who was always getting into mischief in heaven because he was only four. He had a special gift for the baby Jesus. It's worthwhile. It's a tear jerker, but if you have children, try to get the book or a recording. We listened to it every Christmas, and I always read The Night Before Christmas to the children also. THey heard the real Christmas Story at chuch Christmas Eve. I liked the late service, but when the children were young we went early.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts