Cat Forum banner

What is your favorite sub or sandwich place?

• Subway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quiznos

• Cousins (only in 12 states)

• Schlotzsky's

• Jimmy John's

• Other

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious where the sub sandwich eaters on this forum prefer to go. The reason I ask is that just this week both of the Quizno's stores in my city closed and I can't believe that they wouldn't get enough business to stay open. I love Quizno's and I used frequent the stores but I always went during "off times" because I don't eat my meals at the "normal" times, so I couldn't say if their business was poor or not, but both are located within busy shopping areas. The sign on the door says that there will be new store opening soon though.

At least there are still 2 stores open about 25 miles away and close to where I work.

This city is infested with Subway stores (25 stores in a 200,000 population city) but most everyone I talk to about subs does not care for Subway and I'm in the same boat. I used to eat there all the time but their quality really went downhill about 8 years ago and now I won't waste my calories there.

Quizno's has fresh bread, fresh ingredients and excellent flavor and is my favorite.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had to pick other. We eat at Potbelly's. Fresh ingredients, all the way around. And the sandwichs are under $4 if you don't add extra meat of mushrooms to them. Plus they have amazing soups, cookies and ice cream there. :D

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Voted for "other". My absolute favorite sub sandwich is Italian meatball w/cheese at Potbelly's. To DIE for! (Don't even wanta know the fat content of one of those sandwiches. Oh well, it's a rare treat anyways).

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I voted for Quizno's, I absolutely love the Chicken Carbonara sub. Erbert and Gerberts subs, not sure how widespread that franchise is, are very good too. Subway is my last choice.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are Erbert's & Gerbert's stores around here as well. I tried to look them up on the web to see how widespread they are but they don't appear to even have a website.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I really like subway, it's the only big chain who's subs don't have enough dairy in them to make me vomit *yay lactose intolerance*

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I've only been to Quizno's once and it was not a good experience so I've never gone back. I ordered a BLT and the sandwich was, well.......flat! Very little contents and they charged $4 for a 4 inch sub. An outrageous sum for so little sandwich, IMO.

·
Banned
316 Posts
I voted Quizno's. That is if I'm going for a chain. I love the Chicken Milano. It's awesome.

But, there is this great Deli by us called Block's Bagels and I must say, it's my fav local place!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wanted to try a Jimmy John's sub but I don't care for cold subs. I wish they would offer some hot varieties.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts