Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard for me to pick just one, but since mine is super friendly to me I really like when he smells something weird on my hand.

He'll get wide eyes 8O and bite the side of my hand fairly hard and grip the back of it with his front paws. Slightly painful but not enough to do damage. I just think it's amusing when he gets that exciting about something, since it's completely the opposite of his normal personality :p

Other than that it would have to be how much mine talks.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have to think about this...

I think for my one, Aries, my favorite thing he does is suck on the tip of his tail. He's my baby and when we cuddle he will curl into a ball and suckle his tail, purring. He only does this when I'm around and it is weird but he is so content and happy that I love it.

For Orion, he's weird and will chase his tail on this one ledge in the bathroom whenever I shower. It's also odd but so funny - as soon as the water goes on he comes charging into the bathroom and starts chasing his tail.

They do other things I love and I love things that the little white ladies do as well, but those two are my favorites. Mostly because it is big, adult male cats chasing their tails or suckling on their tails. Ridiculous but adorable!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My favourite thing my cat does. Well, I have 3 and there's lots of stuff but one thing that one of them does that races to mind is, "soft eyes" .. "blinkies" aka; slow blinks.
Sadie Woo has done ever since she was wee tiny was in an overly pronounced way, soften her eyes almost to the point of being closed, and keep them in that position for an extended period of time as she sits and enjoys my company.
Almost like she gets stuck mid blink and stays like that for the duration (3,4,5 etc. minutes) and thinks thats the way its done. LOL
But my heart melts the same way every time I see her do it. :luv

The only thing that comes close to that is the way her tail will POP straight up and curl at the very tippy end whenever she walks by me and I say her name :D

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Playing with other cats! Robin takes play so seriously! He turns into a blur when he chases and flees. He loves to play king of the cat tree! But the funniest thing he does is play Dare with Smokey! One of them will do some acrobatic feat,then dare the other to try it! 'I! jumped onto a cookie jar on the fridge!...'

·
Registered
448 Posts
I like it when Delta has other choices of places to sit, but chooses my lap. I like it when Decimal rubs up against my husband and then "plops" down in a cute way and tucks her head under...so sweet :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Omg these all sound so cute!

My favourite thing Munch does is play with the dogs. he adores them, and Mouse and Ollie reciprocate. They're hilarious to watch. The other thing he does that makes me laugh is he plays in the dogs' big automatic waterer. He sits on top, reaches down and bats the water. He's always soggy lol. And I love waking up to him snuggled against me... he's so cuddly in the morning!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Personally, I love it when any cat in my family (no matter how far away my family members are) comes up to me, nudges my face, chirps at me, and gives kisses. My mom's cat Mary Anne was like that. I used to go visit my family in Kansas City, MO, and every time I came home, she'd be waiting for me. She'd run or trot up to me, greet me with a very sweet happy chirp, rub her face against my legs, and purr really loud. I'd say "Oh, Mary Anne! How sweet of you to welcome me home. It's nice to be back! Thank you for that wonderful welcome" , and I'd rub her cheeks, and give her ears a nice gentle massage. If I wasn't doing anything in the house, she'd come up to me, and sit in my lap, and purr like crazy.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Blacky: Following us on walks, she loves walks! And her quiet loving attitude with a select few people... like, that pretty much is only me.

Jasper: Chaos! Meowing nonstop with toys in his mouth, meowing when I leave the house, fetching toys, horsing around with the dog (I think this is my favourite), playing chase with me/the dog, systematically hunting out the toys when we hide them... he's a riot. He's also so accepting of other animals; cats or dogs, he is passive with them all no matter how threatening they are to him (my aunt's cat, as well as Blacky and Tara can be a little hard on him at times - especially my aunt's cat!). Once he got out the front door and Blacky was sitting there... he was so shocked to see her he went back inside. :lol: She wasn't even doing anything.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
One of my kitties snores pretty loud, but it's so cute. He also makes a chattering noise sometimes when he's dreaming, and his paws and lips twitch (I think he's dreaming of catching squirrels because he makes the same sound when he watches them through the window).

My other kitty follows me around like my shadow. In the morning, he'll sit in the bathroom watching me take a shower, watch me brush my teeth, then know it's time to go downstairs for breakfast, and lead the way. :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Such a great thread!!!!!

When gizmo is lounging and I walk by her she rolls on he back and does this dance on her back....side to side...wanting me to play with her...it is just pure joy to watch her. Sooo cute. Love that she is my second alarm clock...kisses and meows to help me get up for work. Although on my day off I would appreciate a couple of hours (I normally get up between 4am and 5am.

Marshall...the cute little sounds he makes when I go to feed him....so cute purrs, chirps. I also like the way he plays with toys...he kinds gets overly excited and spazzes out a lil...so funny to watch

They don't share toys very well....but they would never let one starve...they will share food if one comes over looking for more.

They are such good cats.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All very cute! Another thing about mine, I've been putting his dried chicken treats between my lips when giving him them and he'll gently grab it out with his front teeth... either that or he'll drool and slobber all over me as he grabs it ^_^

·
Registered
24 Posts
When Meep is planning a sneak attack on the dog, she crouches low to the ground and does a butt wiggle before jumping on him and batting him (no claws out, just playfully). Also when she spots a bird out the window, she'll get very focused on it and start chirping and chattering like crazy, it always makes me laugh. And my favorite thing BB our kitten does is just the way she plays with Meep, she tries to do wrestling type maneuvers on her to take her down, but Meep is like 5 times her size so it has no effect. Though Meep didn't really like her a first, they are best friends now.

·
Registered
362 Posts
As far as being around other cats (especially at the house of a friend), I love it when they come up to you, and jump in your lap. I remember one time, I was visiting the local Humane Society in my town when 2 adorable white/grey cats came up to me, rubbed their face against mine, purred in my ear quite loudly (which made me laugh), then they both sat in my lap. I had 2 white/grey cats going nuts over me. Funniest thing.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Jamie leigh...our kittens do the same wiggle dance before running and pouncing on each other too and it is adorable! I know when a sneak attack is coming and it is fun to watch. Another thing that is kind of funny is when one starts an attack, runs full force and then just does a faux jump at the other and not a full attack. Almost as if to say that they could have done it, but don't want to put forth the full effort and then just walk away like nothing happened.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Jamie leigh...our kittens do the same wiggle dance before running and pouncing on each other too and it is adorable! I know when a sneak attack is coming and it is fun to watch. Another thing that is kind of funny is when one starts an attack, runs full force and then just does a faux jump at the other and not a full attack. Almost as if to say that they could have done it, but don't want to put forth the full effort and then just walk away like nothing happened.
I love cats who do this kind of thing.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My VERY favorite thing is letting me sleep late. It's so rare it makes it special.
Haha I have been running into this lately.. getting woken up after 5-6 hours to the sound of random things crashing to the floor

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Penny - My bedroom is arranged so that the chair at the computer desk is close to the bed. When I'm sitting at the computer, sometimes I will feel the soft little tap tap on my shoulder and turn around and Penny's sitting on the corner of the bed. Love that paw tapping.

Nala - Nala can do these direction changes in mid air when she's in full play mode. She will run full speed and leap at something, then get distracted by something else and spin in mid-leap to chase off after the new thing. It's so funny to watch, her facial expressions are often the wide-pupil crazed look when she's doing it.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
There are so many that it's SO hard to pick one for each cat......

I love when I'm working at my desk and a break is well overdue MowMow jumps up and starts face mashing me. I call it 'kissing' and tell him he's the best 'kisser' in the universe.

Book's causes the most laughs and the most frustration at the same time. He's OBSESSED with the toilet. If it's been flushed he has to climb up onto the seat and sticks his entire head/shoulders into the bowl to watch the water refill. It cracks me up unless it's getting towards the end of the week and the toilet needs cleaning.... then I wind up shooing him out and shutting the lid.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts