Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No pun intended! One of my pet peeves is people who hug my bumper in my own residential neighborhood and blast the horn at me as I pull into my own driveway. The worst of it is that there's a speed trap on our road (much needed), and a police officer just two doors down. I wouldn't speed on my own street anyway. There are children living here. What's wrong with people?

·
Registered
179 Posts
LOL, sound like our road, except for the cop part :roll:
My pet peeve, well, one of them however, is when people smack gum and food! Something about that sound just gets to me and I feel like screaming when I hear it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Uh oh Jeanie, you've opened up a can of worms with me.

Let's see... People who don't wave or thank you in some way when you let them out in traffic, tourists, Most kids, small dogs except Pekes and Boston Terriers, people who don't spay or neuter their animals, People who don't pick up after their dogs, litterbugs, cat haters, pop music, telemarketers, tailgaters(just like you Jeanie, only I slam on the brakes or go really really slow :D ), people who travel in the speeding lane, those who don't understand the concept of merging onto a highway......

OK I'll stop there because otherwise I'll be here all night. :roll:

·
Banned
410 Posts
When semi's pass each other on the highway--one usually doesn't go any faster than the next--they just hold up traffic in the fast lane! Animal cruelty, people that hate cats, MY BOSS!!--he is an arrogant pervert (he has been turned in for sexual harrassment, but they won't do anything to him), the Wal-mart store near my apartment (it is so crowded all the time--I turn into a witch when I go there because you can't move)--it's too close by to go anywhere else. Also people that don't pay child support-- (personal experience with my dad).

The biggest pet peeve I have is BRATTY KIDS--and the parents that don't make them mind. I don't know if I'll ever have kids--no patience!!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jessica reminded me of something! I was coming home from the shopping area about 8-9 miles from home, and a guy followed me the whole way, glued to my bumper and blinding me. I slowed down to encourage him to slow down, waved him on, did everything I could to get him off my bumper.

Finally we came to a t intersection at the main road to take me to my road. There was a stop sign. I put the car in low gear and flew away from the man, up a huge hill, and then slowed to the speed limit. But he caught up and started blinding me again. I pulled over, and he kept going, so I pull out and hugged his bumper. He stopped his car in the middle of a busy road, and walked back to my car. He asked if I wanted my headlights kicked in. I pointed to his license plate, and pointed out that he would be in trouble, not me, and that he couldn't take for 1/4 mile what he had done to me for 8 miles! He was furious, but got in his car and left. I let out a huge sigh of relief. He was hopping mad, but so was I! I don't believe in playing games in a car. I should not have given him a dose of his own medicine, but I was really upset.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Jeanie- What a jerk! Hopefully he learned his lesson! :x

That reminds me of another thing... People who can't stand having something done to them but will do unto others without a thought.

We get a bus load of rude people in at work every day and they have no problem talking down to the employees. If the tables get turned on them and someone dishes it right back, they are horrified and complain to the boss. Of course he'll never do anything about it but why would you treat someone so poorly if you don't like it done to you?

·
Banned
410 Posts
Jeanie, you should be careful about doing that!! There are so many weirdos out there--he could have hurt you. I probably would have done the same thing, but when you think about him getting out of his car....that could have turned dangerous!!!!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it's particularly cruel to give a cat away or take it to a shelter when it is no longer convenient to keep a cat or dog. That animal loves his owner. That's why it is so important to spay and neuter. People don't put the value on a DSH or DLH that they should! And we know what happens to most animals sent to a shelter. :cry:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Ok, I can't post my peeves because I'm a very bitter person and I'd be here all weekend, so I just want to comment on Jeanie's story. You're lucky Jeanie...a woman did almost the same thing to a man here in Memphis and when he got to her window, he shot her dead. I also read another story, can't remember where it was, and the guy walked to the other person's car and grabbed her small dog and threw it into traffic. I don't know how to drive (ya ya, I'm 25 hehehee, but I didn't need to learn having grown up in a small town and I have NO desire to learn now...) so it's hard for me to understand how frustrated people can get. But if it happens to you again Jeanie, turn right and take the long way home. The satisfaction you get from giving someone a taste of their own medicine isn't worth your life...

Not to lecture, I would just hate for something like this to happen to ya...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I agree with a lot of the pet peeves mentioned here . I am going to talk about my opinion on a few ...like spoiled kids and especially their parents that won't make them see the right from wrong - just because they think they are so cute -i.e. I don't think it is cute to see kids running all over stores - a simple NO should work if said with the right emphasis; cruelty against animals , + not acknowledging the fact that pets are not objects and DO get attached and hope to start a great life with their owners; cruelty in general...like the man that upset Jeanie. I know how it feels to give back the same ..but I have also tried reasoning with such people ..and for a lot of the cases I have experienced (having travelled a lot - esp by train, long hours at night...a lot of times alone..meeting all kinds of individuals) and being forced by cicumstances..reasoning does work. I am not religious but I did study the bible and one of the positive messages I have learned from there is the fact that we should always try to make things work and live in peace
I find it hard&impossible to do that a lot of times ..but I have seen it is worth trying

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ioana, many times "a soft answer turneth away wrath." I like to think of myself as a pacifist, and in a perfect world, or even in a world where everyone wanted to do God's will--despite their human nature--there would be little conflict. That's my prayer for humanity, but realizing that I cannot live up to my own expectaions, I realize how hard it is to keep peace in the world.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I know how that feels Jeanie. I have failed so many times.. even though I know specifically what the right thing to do is. But we need to encourage each other on a positive tone. I am a very optimistic person and I know that if we try hard enough it works. People can be changed; it takes a lot of time, caring and patience - just like with feral cats - some people haven't been exposed to kindness or things as such
Plus we have all our ups and downs not to mention the things that differanciate us, making us unique individualities , that can very easily burst into conflicts..so we all need to learn that nobody is perfect and work things out by being tolerant

1 - 20 of 121 Posts