Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else gives in their cat to the extent that items bought for oneself turn into items that belong to your cat exclusively. I thought it'd be interesting to know.

My example, I bought a new backpack a year ago. I bought it because I liked the look of it, although I didn't really need a new one. Anyway, I left it lying on my bed and Gypsy LOVED it. She completely took to it, and made it promptly her favorite sitting/sleeping spot. A month or so later I thought 'ok, this is ridiculous, I can't just keep this backpack lying on my bed for her to sleep on', so, I removed it, and then she came along and looked SO confused and sad and kept looking around, that I gave in and tossed it back in place. Annnnd, ever since, it has been her backpack, never to be used even once by me..

As seen in the pictures, it can even be used as a desktop 'cat trap' for pesky kitty trying to get in my way..

Has anyone else ran into something similar?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Ezmeray,
I love the Back Pack "Desk Top" cat trap!! Gypsy loooves HER backpack!!;):p:D
She's Adorable!
Sharon
P.S.
ANY fuzzy blanket...!!:D

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Let's see... I've been allowed to keep my shoes.... unless Neelix wants to play with the laces, then they are his. For the most part that's pretty much all that's mine now..

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
LoL I love the back pack and Disney throw photos.
We no longer own our bath mats. Each time I wash and put down the new ones they have to be attacked, mushed into a ball, rolled on and then at some point slept on.
I bought a new bedroom storage unit/ padded bench which now is a sleeping area and a place to take their toys to. I also have 2 scarves that regularly can be seen disappearing down the hallway even though they were hung in the wardrobe. Finally I have a small dumpy make up brush, which regulalrly in the mornings is stolen and last seen trotting off with Kiki. Thats just a few of the items we have lost to them. I also think they think they own the sofas and beds, based on how squashed we are while they spread out to become at least 6 ft long each evening :0)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
ET has taken over my Ikea Lounger every now and then. Will have to wait a couple months till he got sick of it and move on to another location before I can claim it back, then only to lose it again when he decides to have it back.
IMAG0141.jpg

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ummmmm......I have whatever my kittens graciously let me use for 5 seconds (until they realize I have it and want it back).

·
Banned
243 Posts
I agree--but in my case it is not my house. It is my entire apartment!!!
and everything in it! And only one cat!!

Jeesh!

:kittyball

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yup, they took my house. I haven't succeeded in one thing except I can close my bedroom door at night and no one will meow until the morning. Even when I won't let Mama in the shower sliding door, she just jumps up and over. Wow, she even took my garage and my car in the garage!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
The computer chair * cries bitter tears *

·
Registered
18 Posts
There's one of my pillow that she claimed as hers, back when it was on my girlfriends side and whenever my girlfriend was not there she would go sleep there, now it's full of her hair and scent and we put it on the floor, where she normally likes to use it, as a pillow :

Also, now that my chest of drawer is broken, 2 outta 5 drawers are completely broken, the two tops I'm still using but the last one isn't of any use, so I put a throw in it and leave it open and she sleeps in it. I kinda "gave" that to her tho :p

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
A Wal-Mart gift card! I suppose he can have it to go shopping! If it hasn't expired. He stashed it by the leg of the easy chair. Hey, it's like saving your gift card til you really need it. Thanks R.H.!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The computer chair * cries bitter tears *
haha, that's my mom's current battle with my parent's cat.. my mom and the cat battle over the same huge, comfy computer chair!

And wow, compared to some of y'all I have it lucky I think! Gypsy is usually content to sit behind me on the top of the couch or under my desk chair.. (when she's not demanding attention of course)

·
Registered
195 Posts
We seem to have lost the use of one of the shelves in the entertainment center. Today Caspian pushed all of the Wii games onto the floor and then curled up on the empty shelf.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We seem to have lost the use of one of the shelves in the entertainment center. Today Caspian pushed all of the Wii games onto the floor and then curled up on the empty shelf.
Seems like he didn't approve of you usage of shelf space!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Our soft fluffy blankets are now owned by the cats, as well as one preferred armchair.

My one cat has chosen all the slippers in the house as his own to carry around, chew at and drop where he pleases. The other prefers stuffed animals and has taken a particular liking to a bean bag dog I received as a child; I'm constantly sewing up holes that beans are now spilling out of due to rough play.

They also have their own water glass as they prefer it to a bowl.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts