Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early'er today my younger siblings found a lizard in the backyard, of course we left it alone, i also took the liberty of taking a few snapshots:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can :wink: .

I think it was somebodys pet that got out, i have been living here in San Diego my whole life and i have NEVER seen a wild lizard... Or any lizard for that matter. And no it isnt a snake, it had legs, you just cant see them in the picture.

I have others if you want to see them.

But judgeing by the snails and spiders, i would say the lizard was having the time of his life ^^.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I had never seen a lizard crawling around like that until I went to Myrtle Beach. I was laying by the pool soaking up some sun and I kept hearing this noise coming from the nearby bushes and trees. I saw that lizard crawling around and it scared the life out of me! I couldn't relax near the pool at all after that--I was afraid it was gonna crawl on me. :?

·
Registered
181 Posts
yay, i can see it now- maybe it's a "garden" lizard?! lol. I saw one like that in my yard once ( except he was smaller), I searched for info on it and could not find anything. :roll:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i searched and couldnt find anything either. Well i for one like him in my yard, he's eating all the bugs and i HATE bugs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the second picture i took:

Thats the best picture i got, and thats no saying mutch :oops: .

No it is deffinetly NOT a Gecko, Gecko's are multi-colored, i think this one is a baby Alligator-Lizard.. I think thats their name.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I thought at first from the face that it was an anole, but it seems too long. Maybe they grow larger than I am aware of, though.

Here is a link to see some pictures of anoles:

http://www.wildherps.com/species/A.sagrei.html

As you can see, they vary quite a bit in appearance. I do not know if they are found in San Diego, but I know you can find them in San Antonio.

I used to have some for pets. When we visited friends in San Antonio, I was amazed to find them in our friends backyard!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea it looked A LOT like that, but mutch longer. At sometimes the lizard looked like a snake. Maybe it will show up again today, if it dose i will try to grab some better pics.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That looks like someones pet to me. I think it's a Skink of some sort. Mabye A Shingle Back? But it's no Anole, that's for sure. I will send pictures when I figure it out.[/img]

·
Registered
866 Posts
Doesn't look like a gecko - do they live in north america?

No lizards in Canada - I've never seen one (in the wild).

·
Registered
222 Posts
No, Shingle Backs are in Australia.(Mabye other places like New Zealand) But I'm not even sure that's what it is. But It's not a gecko. On that I'm 110% positive. I'm a lizard expert, but this is puzzilng. I know what it is, but I can't remember it's name! :oops: But I'm at least 98% sure it's a species of skink. Not an anole, not a Turkish Gecko(pictured above somewhere, I believe by faile), and I'm pretty sure it's someones pet gotten lose. That happens. My iguana got lose, & I never found him. I'll let you know when I find it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I know what it is!!!! I looked online just now, turns out, it IS wild! I wish I could send the photo. Okay, it's a Northern Prairie Skink. You can find it here, though:

-I sure hope this will get you to the website, I'm new here & still trying to figure things out![/url]http://www.junglewalk.com/popup.asp?type=v&AnimalvideoID=6203

(just highlight it, hit copy, then paste it)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts