Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my cat when i pet her she starts to suck on her paw and pur right away all i did is one little pet and when i keep petting her she keeps sucking on her paw like when kittens drink milk from there mother. of course when i stop and sit down on my pc she jumps on my chair and sucks on her paw next to me. I find this cute and silly but i wonder why she does this alot?

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
MowMow does the same thing...to my earlobes. If he's purring hard and being loved on he uses his paw to try and push my head to a spot where he can get to my earlobe and then sucks on it.... (blech).

I don't usually let him do it unless he's in a stressful situation. LIke when I was packing up the apartment to move last month, as well as when we first moved into the new place. I'd let him him do that way more often than normal because it would calm him and relax him into a big furry puddle.

Thankfully Book just wants to lay on top of me and just purr quietly with his eyes all squished shut.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds like a pacifing behavior, like when a little kid sucks their thumb. To this day my full grown mastiff will take any available blanket or pillow and jam as much as he can in his mouth and suck on it like a binkie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.