Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I alwasy buy my favorite candy bars for the Halloweeners...Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Kitkat bars, and Snickers! I really like Heath bars the best, but I don't think it's a children's favorite.

I was always disappointed when I got apples, just plain apples.. Candy apples would have been fine, though. :D

·
Registered
628 Posts
I LOVE Reese's cups and Butterfingers...YUM!!! I always got tons of Milky Way, Snickers, Skittles, etc...but I could never eat them because they all had eggs/gelatin. But I was never really upset about it...I just threw them away.

Abhay :D

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I'll eat anything with peanut butter in it, and the fruity stuff like Skittles, Starburst, and Jolly Ranchers.

I've always preferred salty snacks over sugary stuff so as I kid I was always much more excited to get the little bags of chips for Halloween. My brothers and I always fought over them. :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm a big fan of the fun-size candy bars. One year a house was giving away full size snicker bars! My sister stole mine, but then she felt guilty about it and gave it back. Then she asked if she could have half of it for being honest.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, skittles, jolly ranchers, starburst, laffy taffy.
I'm sure there's lots more I would eat too!
My husband however likes candy corn and those little weird chewy pumkin shaped candies. Gross!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Reeses Fast Break, Reeses sticks or peanut butter cups, Hershey's milk chocolate bar, Butterfinger. I could go on... I'm such a chocoholic.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oh gosh I'm happy to get anything. Like visiting those "older" people areas, where ohhh what a shame they don't have candy and have to give you money.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Halloween Candy

Mmmm - Reese's Peanut Butter cups - I wish you could get them here!
In the eighties I used to work with an American girl, and when she went home for a visit she would always bring some back to share out in the office. I loved them so much that in the end she would bring back a big bag just for me :D
I haven't tasted one in years :(

seashell

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Reese's peanut butter cup and Almond Joy. LOVE coconut!

When I was a kid and would go trick-or-treating I would always come home with a few popcorn balls. I grew up out in the country and those were the days we didn't have to worry about others giving out homemade treats! My dad always "stuck his hands in the cookie jar" and would help himself to some of these popcorn balls. :evil: I had to wise up and start hiding them from him so I could keep them all to myself. It was also fun living out in the country because there were always a few houses with little old folks that were so anxious to see kids on this night and they would practically empty out their cupboards for you. Unfortunately, all this candy couldn't have helped my overweight situation today! :oops:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Re: Halloween Candy

seashell said:
Mmmm - Reese's Peanut Butter cups - I wish you could get them here!
In the eighties I used to work with an American girl, and when she went home for a visit she would always bring some back to share out in the office. I loved them so much that in the end she would bring back a big bag just for me :D
I haven't tasted one in years :(

seashell
Oh gosh....I can;t imagine not having them at my disposal. 8O That is tragic. 8O I promise you, if I ever come over there, I will bring you a HUGE bag. :)

My Aunt lives in Mississippi, and out there they don't have Jack in the Box or Big Hunk candy bars.....so every time she visits, we eat at Jack in the box a million times and she stocks up on Big Hunks. :lol:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Reese's cups, Herseys milk chocolate, Herseys dark chocolate, butter fingers.

When I was a kid there were so many kids out trick or treating and so many houses to go to we would go home in the middle of it and get another bag to fill.......

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
I'm easygoing....Reeses would be nice though :D

(we live in such a rural area that we never get trick-or-treaters, but my mom buys candy anyway :roll: She just makes sure it's candy we all like :p)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same here.. :( There is a plan of homes at the other end of the road, and that's where the children go. I used to get about 10 or 12, but now I just give it to my students. I am always hoping some trick or treaters will come, so I buy extra. NO, I haven't touched it! :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks, Jeanie. Thanks a lot! Here I sit, trying to be good with this whole diet thing and you gotta start a post about candy! :x

Everytime I feel tempted, I just remember the doctor smiling at me on that last visit. It was so much more pleasant than having him screaming at me. :lol:

If I were to eat a Snickers or a Milky Way and nobody saw me, would there be calories involved? :?

Peace,
Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts