Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my sisters cat .. he is HUGE.. i know he has siamese in it but his head is shaped odd and this baffles me.. I am not sure if all siamese look like this but i am allmost thinking he has some wild cat in him.. maybe i am way off base here but maybe one of you can perhaps guess what else he has in him. Or maybe I am just used to round headed cats ;p any idea?

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
The odd shaped head is what the show breeders want-only even more wedge shaped. He has some Siamese in his background, I'm sure. It's not the traditional Siamese, however; it's the new type.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i noticed that he has that infamous M on his forehead which tabbies usually have. so i'm guessing he's some sort of tabby with diluted siamese mix? lol

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
That would be a "lynx point" siamese, probably a mix but that is the coloring. See, breeders don't want to call anything what it is: so orange is "flame," gray is "blue," brown is "seal" or "chocolate," so a tabby is naturally a "lynx"! :lol: This guy (he reminds me so much of Alfalfa, who lived at our clinic--he was also a BIG boy), we could even call him a "blue lynx point". Whatcha think?

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Sounds about right to me. The original Siamese are Seal Point, Blue PT., lilac and chocolate. (I know Dr.Jean knows this!) But some organizations accept the other colors. There has been some human interference involved--naturally! And the tabby played a part in the mix. I like the traditional Siamese, but that's a matter of personal taste. :)

What upsets me is when breeders sacrifice the health of some breeds to get exaggerated features. :( A standard for any breed should reflect the best possible conformation for good health.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I can't really tell from the picture WHICH color exactly, but he looks just like a blue or lilac lynx point siamese. He doesn't have to be a seal point to be siamese -- but he definitely has the modern wedge head. This is what Siamese breeders are going for now. :roll: He's very pretty, I love big cats! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts