Cat Forum banner

What kind of litter do you use in your litter box?

• Clay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sand

• Wheat

• Other

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I use Arm and Hammer ..sometimes I am thinking to switch to a different one that is bio degradable ..I will be watching this post :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
ioana-- I switched from Arm and Hammer to Swheat Scoop and have no regrets! It clumps well and provides good odor control without that overpowering perfume smell. My cat took to it just fine, and I love that it is environmentally friendly. I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've used the following (ranked in order of best to worst):

1. World's Best (what I use now)
2. Arm & Hammer Unscented
3. Swheat Scoop (one box has this plus everclean still)
4. Everclean extra strength
5. Arm & Hammer Scented
6. Everclean with flavor crystals
7. Feline Pine

[added]
As for arm & hammer versus swheat scoop, as you can see above I don't recommend swheat scoop over it. It's noticeably more dusty. World's Best is the least dusty litter I've seen, and it's flushable. Swheat scoop also clumped too big, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I currently use World's Best -- the scented formula is wonderful. What I love most about World's Best is the fact that it is MUCH less dusty than any other that I've used -- and thus reducing the sneezing that I have as well as my kitties' sneezing too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i'm using arm and ahmmer as well. unscented of course. i'm thinking about changing to swheat scoop but my mom wants to try out yesterday's news. imo, it looks pretty bad since the particles are so big.

·
Registered
611 Posts
What does the scented world's best smell like? I didn't see that version at any local store.

meowmix, you are contemplating doing the very same thing I actually did, and I must advise against it, unless you don't mind a lot of dust on all your nearby furniture.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The scented version of World's Best kinda just smells... hmm. Herby. Ironically enough, I know I've seen it, and purchased it... but since that one time, I've only seen the regular one at my local store. The packaging is extremely similar to the regular formula, so much so that it's hard to tell the difference. I guess the only way would be by sight -- the original World's Best is yellow corn colored while the scented formula is a bit more light brown/green khaki colored.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I use Everclean right now which is the best I've used so far. I have to go to the store right after this and go buy more litter. I'm thinking about Worlds best cat litter but is the texture just like Everclean, like small sand?

I have a Littermaid and can only use litter with grainy sand like texture. What do ppl think about Everclean vs. Worlds best cat litter :?:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I use World's Best with my littermaid... I've never used Everclean, but the grains of World's Best are bigger than that of clay litters such as ScoopAway, which reduces trackability... and it clumps in the littermaid just fine unless someone doesn't cover up. Then it gets stuck in the rake, but eventually gets picked up if the clump is big enough. I usually scoop out the smaller pieces to keep the litterbox clean afterwards.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Ok well I went out and bought the worlds best litter. I did a complete litter change and locked my kitties in the laundry room for today to see if they use it and how well it clumps and holds the odor. I will let you guys know soon how it goes....

I also did a test and put water in both cat litters to test it out and the Everclean clumped harder. I've never really had any odor problems with it either so if this doesn't work or if they don't like it, I will go back. :lol:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I use Feline Pine, it's little pine pellots that disolve as the cat uses them, and then you flush the powder. It's a thick powder and not really dusty, it stays in the box. It's great. The only thing you smell is pine.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Everclean and arm & hammer are similar from my experiences. I think that arm & hammer was just a little less dusty. Everclean is definitely a finer grain than world's best, and clumps slightly better.

I tried feline pine but it seemed like way too much work.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Ok well I guess my kitties don't like the bigger clumps of World's best litter. I can tell when they don't like a litter, they jump right out right away and don't use the potty much. Anyways, when I went to clean out the litter tray, it was sooo stinky, I guess I am back to Everclean. :D

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Ok well here's another update. Sugar really didn't like the litter b/c last nite, she pooped on the living room rug and scared the crap out of my dad (no pun intended). Thank goodness I could just pick up the turd b/c it was already hardened when I woke up. He is not very happy right now. I am about to go to store right now and buy the Everclean again and lock them both in the laundry room with food/water for a few days.

Now here's the question, if I clean the rug with Nature's Miracle really good on the spots it barely touched and put them in the laundry room for a few days, do you think she will go back and start pooping out of habit? Or does a complete litter change just solve everything and the cats forget they hated the other litter and pooped on the rug?

Thanks in advance :!:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts