Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like a salad with iceberg lettuce, baby spinach, white onions, Olive Oil & Vinegar salad dressing, marbled Monterey Jack/Cheddar cheese, and lime juice.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I like a salad loaded with greens.. you know the types that have at least five or six kinds of lettuce. Don't forget cucumbers, radishes, carrots, broccoli, croutons, sunflower seeds, almonds, and full flavor ranch dressing.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I love all kinds of salad - I am getting kind of hungry here

And speaking of Ceasar salad - I had one of the best C. salads at the Outback. I would go back there just for that - I wish I had it right now :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Padunk said:
I like a salad loaded with greens.. you know the types that have at least five or six kinds of lettuce. Don't forget cucumbers, radishes, carrots, broccoli, croutons, sunflower seeds, almonds, and full flavor ranch dressing.
Yum! Leave out the cucumbers (I'm alergic) and that's my kind of salad! I don't really care for any type of dressing other than ranch and (only if it's not too tangy/chunky) blue cheese.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I get the spinach salad from a restaurant here called Taco Mac...it's baby spinach, topped with crumbled bacon, egg wedges, tomato wedges, and shredded cheese with caesar dressing. It's great!

I'm also the biggest fan of the Caesar Salad. There was a whole year where I practically survived on it. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hooray for Caesar Salads! Yummy yummy!

When my sister was planning the menu at her wedding I kept rooting for caesar, but I was overruled. When *I* get married, there WILL be caesar salad *GRIN* :lol:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I am a big fan of salad. I like a variety of veggies and toppings - especially cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, sprouts, spinach, cheese, etc.

I do not like nuts or olives. I'm not a fan of purple cabbage, but I will eat it.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
cucumber, lettuce, croutons, cheese and yummy ranch dressing. Without cheese I like a vinegarette type of dressing. I LOVE ceasar salad.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I'm not too picky about what kind it is, more of what goes in it. I don't like tomatoes, cucmbers (unless they're really thin and small slices) onions, peppers... the list goes on.

When I was at college, the cafeteria style dining hall we went to had the BEST ceasar salad ever! They piled on lots of shredded parmasean cheese and had a very thick ceaser dressing they topped it with. My favorite part was dipping the breadsticks into the leftover cheese and dressing when I was done :)

Also, anyone have a Flat Rock Grill by them? They're really expensive but super yummy. They have a salad, I think its a "black and blue" or something. It has steak on top, although the only reason I get it is because its like a $12 salad and I'm not paying that much for just lettuce! It has lots of blue cheese and I think pine nuts? The best part are the thin fried onion slivers :) I haven't had one in forever... but now I want one!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I love salads, but my all time favorite has to be the Spinach salad at Boston Pizza, or the Spinach salad I make with baby spinach, fresh mango, fresh strawberries, and a vinagrette dressing....

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Given the choice, I would definitely take Feta over Bleu cheese......but I really don't care for Feta (or goat cheese!) :) No Bleu, Feta, Goat, Swiss, Gouda, or Gorgonzola over here!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Ianthe said:
Given the choice, I would definitely take Feta over Bleu cheese......but I really don't care for Feta (or goat cheese!) :) No Bleu, Feta, Goat, Swiss, Gouda, or Gorgonzola over here!!! :lol:
No gouda or swiss? Mmmm...two of my favorites. I also like provolone, which I guess could be considered goat cheese.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts