Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new vacuum cleaner and I am wondering what kind of vacuum cleaner everyone uses to pick up all that "pet hair"?? thanks in advance.
Nwlily32

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I like mine pretty well :) It is a Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless w/ Hepa Filtration. It works well, the only thing I don't like is that you can't change the Hepa Filter...you are stuck with the one it comes with, and mine is full of hair 8O It has good suction, though, and I like that I don't have to change bags. The next vacuum we get is going to be a Dyson. They are supposed to be the best of the best!!! They even make a special one for pet hair :D check out this link:

http://www.dyson.com/range/range_overview.asp?model=DC07

·
Registered
676 Posts
I also have a Dirt Devil, Featherlite Bagless, with HEPA filter, I love this thing!.
And I have A LOT of animals and a messy kid to pick up after ;)

G

·
0 Posts
I have the Dyson Animal (the one designed for pet hair) and I love it. IMO it is truly the best vacuum cleaner on the planet. I think everyone should have a Dyson!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ive always had a Dyson, the only complaint I have about them is the handles. Every Dyson I have had the plastic handle that locks into the extending part has broken, seems to be a weak point in them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I Love my OreckXLs, I'm allergic to cats so I have found theCeloc hypoallergic filter system works wonderful. I do vacuum everyday especially in the kittys favorite areas. I love how lightweight it is.
I bought an extra one for upstairs plusbought my mom and Aunt one, reasonable on Ebay. They are just as good as the one I bought new. But saved over $300 each. Plus if you like to bowl the commercials show they pick up a bowling ball, so we take them to the bowling alley with us, why pick up your own 8lb ball when the Oreck can do it for you :wink: :lol: It's improved my score too!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I have an Oreck XL. It's so hungry it almost eats the carpet. It weighs only eight pounds, but is the most amazing vacuum cleaner I've ever had. Mine doesn't have an edge cleaner, so the company gave me a portable with it. I would imagine the new ones have edge cleaners. This is the vacuum used in most hotels. It's expensive, so if you can find one on Ebay, that would be great!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Because of my allergies I don't use a vacuum cleaner. I just mop the floor which is just great. It takes no time and there's no dust flying around in the air! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vacuum

Well thank you for all the replys...and looking forward to more....
I am gonna do some research on both the Dyson and the Oreck XL
thanks again
Nwlily32

1 - 10 of 10 Posts